Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Pre-release)

re: Star Wars Standalone Film (Dir: Gareth Edwards)

The Adventures of Young Han Solo

I'd rather they do a story on a character we know less about. Maybe Admiral Ackbar, or one of those Jedi that gets wiped out in AOTC. Maybe it would make the scene better instead if watching strangers with lightsabers.

I would rather see some well written all new characters, but it looks like Disney is going to go all out on multiple Star Wars projects. I suppose once they demonstrate that they know how to make a Star Wars movie, it could be a very good time to be a Star Wars fan.

Last edited:

I want a Kit Fisto movie, no one expects Kit Fisto. I'd also pay to see Boba Fett in The Rundown. :D

Karen Traviss's Omega Squad books would translate well into movies.

They could make TROOPS the movie. :popcorn

Am I the only one that remembers Yoda's 'backwards talking' in ESB was a PLOY he used in screwing with Luke's head to see where he was and if he could be trained. After Luke figured out who he was, he dropped it! Then in ROTJ we got that good old backwards babbling Yoda, cause you know, it made him loveable!
No, I thought the same thing, but though he sorta drops it after the reveal, there's still some backwards sentence structure - he just exaggerated it before. In the other films it just got right back to the exaggerated bit.

Oh no, thats a complete SW movie overkill......a SW movie wont be anything special in the future.
It's becoming more like Star Trek every day. That was always the old joke. Star Wars was huge, but it only had 3 movies. Star Trek wasn't as huge, yet it had several movies and TV-series.

Now Star Wars follows suit of Star Trek.

I'd be interested in Ayla Secura's backstory. She's quite a bit different from all the other Jedi.
Yeah, she's HOT! :lol It would be cool to see more of her story, I was disappointed she and Kit Fisto were killed off so early, (and easily),. Mabey an Aayla/Fisto buddy picture :thumbsup, Jedi's Gone Wild on the beaches of Naboo:cool:lol

Star Trek wasn't as huge, yet it had several movies and TV-series.

Speaking of TV series, there has long been talk of a live-action Star Wars TV series, but never anything concrete. Any chance Disney will take that ball and run with it?

I did notice that too. ;)

But she also has a completely different look and attitude from the other Jedi. It would be interesting to see her backstory.
I always got the sense she was a bit of a troublemaker/questioner of authority, from a few comics I read. She would be a cool character to explore, but I'm leary of getting into prequal time, screwing with the canon further.

Sadly, Disney being Disney, I doubt they'll do anything with ANY of the Extended Universe, since they like having complete absolute total rights and control over everything they do. And I doubt they'll do anything with the OT or PT eras except as a transition to their new projects, partly because of logistics (the age of the actors being just one potential difficulty), and partly because they don't like projects that aren't 100% theirs.

If past practice is any guide, Disney will prefer to "plus" their own characters from the new trilogy, whoever they turn out to be.

Spin-off? Doesn't anybody remember that old spin-off movie??? EWOKS!

I can see a Yoda movie going that direction as well...

I was just having a discussion with a friend about this yesterday. I feel like there's no real need to do any more prequels/sequels to flesh out some of the established characters. I'd rather Disney bring in new characters to actually make the Universe feel bigger. If they continue to focus on characters we already know, linking characters and situations together, it's ultimately going to make the universe feel that much smaller.

Think about things like Yoda fighting alongside Chewbacca and R2 being partners with Obi-Wan... It's the stuff of cheap fan fiction. In this supposedly huge universe, we have these main characters interacting with each other they way they do? It makes the galaxy feel like a large city, where you would randomly bump into a friend and have an inpromtu drunken night out.

I don't need to know what Yoda used to do during his glory days or why he has his speech impedement. Did we need to know that Jango Fett was both the blueprint for Clone/Stormtroopers as well as Boba Fett's father? To me, it cheapens both the troopers and Fett, and Yoda was already lowered from basically a calm, collected sage in ESB and ROTJ to a close-minded and blind politician who apparently likes to scream whenever he swings his lightsaber...

Anyone stop to think that maybe this will be about new characters introduced in VII-IX?

Anyone stop to think that maybe this will be about new characters introduced in VII-IX?

This.
I really hope they broaden their horizon and bring in some new, interesting, characters to base spin-off's on.
Disney, just don't replicate Jar-Jar's failure.

I'd like to see a middle aged Yoda, say 500 years old, with black hair (Bald on top) and leading some of the early wars that let him being on the high counsel.

"Ohhh. Great warrior.Wars not make one great."

Besides, I've always gotten a distinct "I like lilttle boys" vibe from Yoda... :confused:lol

Yeah with quotes like this :
He's too old, yes..too old to begin the "training"

^ awwwwww...you guys are jading my thoughts on Yoda! "mmmm..Yoda I am, talk weird I do, hate leads to anger and anger leads to never letting anyONE ELSE TALK!" :lol

I agree with everybody on the idea of a Yoda movie but not from the standpoint that any more info on him would ruin the mystery or anything like that, I don't like the idea because I really can't say that I liked him enough to want to know more about him or that in the 5 movies we saw him in that he really had anything all that interesting in his backstory. Boba Fett might be kind of cool considering that he never really did anything in Empire and looked like a total tool in Jedi, given that a movie based on him might help actually make him the cool character he always appeared to be.

I'd like to see a movie dedicated to Gonk. Maybe even a trilogy. The first film could be Star Wars: Gonk's Early Years, in which he gets a job as a trashcan at the McDonald's in Anchorhead.

The Wook

Honestly, where's the vision, people? Are we so hidebound and myopic that we cannot conceive of stories being told about characters who haven't yet appeared? You could set the stories at ANY time frame in the Star Wars universe, and tell them about ANYONE. Why is there always this impulse to go back to the well?

I know. Let's tell the story of Ice Cream Maker Guy. And the trooper who says "Stop that ship! Blast 'em!" And the rebel A-wing pilot who smashed into the Executor's bridge at the Battle of Endor. Because these are all necessary stories that must be told so that we can flesh out these characters because people DEMAND to know how the trash compactor monster got into the Death Star, and how it sought refuge there after a torrid romance with the space slug that Han landed the Falcon inside of.

--EDIT--

I see The Wook and I are of the same mind on this.

You could set the stories at ANY time frame in the Star Wars universe, and tell them about ANYONE. Why is there always this impulse to go back to the well?

I agree! We are talking about an entire UNIVERSE here, the possibilities of fresh, new, awesome stories/characters is endless!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back