The Walking Dead: Rick Grimes Sheriff Uniform (Season 1)

Can you show some pics of your magnet set up? I got some SA badges and I'm in the same dilemma as you about the hat. Thanks! :thumbsup

See if this helps. I tried to use the pictures I had. If you want more detailed pics, I can grab some tonight.

20965-magnets5.jpg

Huh? I can't see anything not even a red "X" ... Maybe it's being filtered for some reason. Let me check the thread tonight at home.

Last edited:
Yep, there's definitely no picture. Haksawjak, I'm no expert in posting pictures, but I think you're doing it wrong. :lol

Yep, there's definitely no picture. Haksawjak, I'm no expert in posting pictures, but I think you're doing it wrong. :lol

Holy crap.... just realized the album i was posting to on RPF was set to Private instead of public. I'm assuming my thread is full of pictures that you can NOW see that you couldn't see before. Check it out now.

Holy crap.... just realized the album i was posting to on RPF was set to Private instead of public. I'm assuming my thread is full of pictures that you can NOW see that you couldn't see before. Check it out now.

Yup that prettied up the thread instead of being all wordy and such.

The Complete Gun Belt

Time to strap on the gun belt and finish up this build!! I've already covered in great detail the holster so we'll skip over that. In the majority of the Walkiung Dead series (with exception to a few of the first episodes), Rick typically rolls with his gun holster, handcuff holster, speed loader pouch and 2 keepers. He also likes to carry his "Morgan" radio a lot to but I just didn't really feel the need to procure the big, bulky, exspensive radio for this build. That being said, Let's get into it.

The Belt

The gun belt is a standard basketweave "Sam Browne" gun belt. I don't think the manufacturer makes a difference since they are kind of all the same. You can shop around on eBay if you'd like a nice weathered used belt. I simply went to trusty QM Uniforms and grabbed one from there at a decent $35 price tag. Make a note! Get a belt that is 2 sizes larger than your pants size because it has to go over top of your regular belt and buckle. For example, I were a size 34 pants but I bought a size 38 belt (they only run in even sizes and the 36 was to tight so I opted with the 38). P.S. The Governor wears this same belt but smooth.

LawPro Leather Sam Brown Belt Duty Gear (S69 300) - QMUniforms.com

Handcuff Case

There is seriously no need to spend $20 on a brand new one. Scout around eBay and you can find decent used one for as low as 99 cents (which is what I paid for mine). The key factor is make sure it's a black basketweave cuff case.

Speed Loader Pouch

Again, you buy a new one for $30 or you can scout around eBay for a used one for less than half that. Again, the key is that it's black and a basketweave and it's designed for use with .357 speed loaders.

Here's some pics of my completed belt:

21570-gunbelt2.jpg

21571-gunbelt3.jpg

21572-gunbelt4.jpg

21569-gunbelt1.jpg

Hi!

Thanks for putting together this tutorial thread. Its been of a great help.

I do have a question regarding trouser striping though. Of the two material options, from QM, which would you recommend: Nylon braid or Poly Cloth? I couldn't find a ref pic to compare what was screen used and what's available.

The closest option I could find here in Australia was a polyester tape in a herringbone weave, which I was going to use as a fall-back in case I couldn't source the right stripes.

Last edited:
King County Sheriff Badge

Option 2: The center insignia is not quite right but the overall badge is close enough
Cost: $45 per (scratch and dents available for 50% off)
20340-kingcountybadgemid.jpg

As much as I liked option 1, i couldn't bring myself to spend $130 on two badges which would have been the most expensive item on my shopping list. So I went with option 2. However, I emailed the ebay seller to ask him about the scratch and dents (Shout out to Feezle_Nuts for bring that to my attention). The seller sent me pictures of several "flawed" badges and let me pick which flaws I would settle with.

One of the badges had a flawless face but a busted clip on the back. This was fine by me since I was going to pry the clasp off anyways and glue on a hat pin.

The second one had a "light" scratch on the bottom tip which is not even visable in the picture below. I'll take it! Makes it look slightly weathered!

So I got both of them for $45 total which is a steal for the quality, weight, and "nearly" accuracy. So check with the ebay seller and see if you can get some good deals too! Good luck!!

20341-kingcountybadgemine.jpg

You wouldn't happen to remember who the eBay seller was? I tried contacting one seller, but he never sold any "scratch & dent" badges.

Hi!

Thanks for putting together this tutorial thread. Its been of a great help.

I do have a question regarding trouser striping though. Of the two material options, from QM, which would you recommend: Nylon braid or Poly Cloth? I couldn't find a ref pic to compare what was screen used and what's available.

The closest option I could find here in Australia was a polyester tape in a herringbone weave, which I was going to use as a fall-back in case I couldn't source the right stripes.

Thanks for the love! As for the trouser striping, most definately go with the Poly Cloth. The braid look would not be screen accurate. Also, make sure you indicate the color as TAN. QM's customize form is not the most user friendly so take care in how you fill it out. If you are unsure, call them (or online chat) and ask about the "zombie killer" pants. They are very familiar with what you want since they sold it as part of a kit last Halloween.

You wouldn't happen to remember who the eBay seller was? I tried contacting one seller, but he never sold any "scratch & dent" badges.

Yes I do recall. The eBay seller was hollywoodpropbadgescom. I noticed that as of today, he doesn't have a current listing for the Grimes badge but he may still have some scratch and dents. Or he may have another run upcoming. You'll have to message him and ask. I can say that I'm happy with my badges even though they aren't screen accurate. :)

Day 1 of HorrorHound was a success!! Literally all we did was stop to take pictures with people. I even got asked to film a short Public Service Announcement for a local volunteer disaster relief corps. The group of "dead" that I filmed it with are shown below. I'm looking forward to another cool day rolling with me peeps, Daryl, Dale, Michonne and the Governor (not a friend but I guess he can tag along!). We have our picture taken today in a group shot with 7 cast members. More pictures to come!!!

21824-rickzombies.jpg

Words cannot describe the awesomeness that was HorrorHound Cincinnati. The Rick Grimes build was a huge success and I believe there are hundreds of pictures of me floating around people's Facebooks and Twitters. One photo in particular was of the ultimate epicness status. It rolled through Twitter, Facebook and Tumbler rather quickly as soon as it was posted. Check out the awesome group shot:

Back row: Richard Feezle (Daryl), Normand Reedus, Lew Temple, Jason Spaulding (The Governor), Michael Rooker, Jasmine Anderson (Michonne), Matthew Kuebler (Dale). Front row: Chandler Riggs, Jon Bernthal, Jason Dempsey (Rick Grimes), Sarah Wayne Callies, Scott Wilson.

TWDGroup.jpg

Here's some more of our group cosplay pics:

"What's our next move?"
WhatsNext.jpg

"Get some"
IMG_2072.jpg

The Carl in this picture followed us around for while and then stuck to chacter by disappearing completely.
BigGroup.jpg

Should I give her up and save the group?
903558_622035361143942_1055396865_o.jpg

Words cannot describe the awesomeness that was HorrorHound Cincinnati. The Rick Grimes build was a huge success and I believe there are hundreds of pictures of me floating around people's Facebooks and Twitters. One photo in particular was of the ultimate epicness status. It rolled through Twitter, Facebook and Tumbler rather quickly as soon as it was posted. Check out the awesome group shot:

Back row: Richard Feezle (Daryl), Normand Reedus, Lew Temple, Jason Spaulding (The Governor), Michael Rooker, Jasmine Anderson (Michonne), Matthew Kuebler (Dale). Front row: Chandler Riggs, Jon Bernthal, Jason Dempsey (Rick Grimes), Sarah Wayne Callies, Scott Wilson.

TWDGroup.jpg

I am so jealous of this picture!! This is friggin awesome guys!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back