The Walking Dead: Rick Grimes Sheriff Uniform (Season 1)

Words cannot describe the awesomeness that was HorrorHound Cincinnati. The Rick Grimes build was a huge success and I believe there are hundreds of pictures of me floating around people's Facebooks and Twitters. One photo in particular was of the ultimate epicness status. It rolled through Twitter, Facebook and Tumbler rather quickly as soon as it was posted. Check out the awesome group shot:

Back row: Richard Feezle (Daryl), Normand Reedus, Lew Temple, Jason Spaulding (The Governor), Michael Rooker, Jasmine Anderson (Michonne), Matthew Kuebler (Dale). Front row: Chandler Riggs, Jon Bernthal, Jason Dempsey (Rick Grimes), Sarah Wayne Callies, Scott Wilson.

TWDGroup.jpg

Can't even express my jealousy! That's an awesome picture, and love that both Dixon boys gave "the finger". :lol

Cool story about that pic.. When I walked up to get in position, I stated to "Shane" (Jon Bernthal) and "Lori" (Sarah Callies) that they were sitting to close and that I think I should separate them. That got a chuckle out of them as well as the "who does this guy think he is" pose from Jon and the "I'm always with Rick" pose from Sarah. What a cool and gracious group of celebs!

Cool story about that pic.. When I walked up to get in position, I stated to "Shane" (Jon Bernthal) and "Lori" (Sarah Callies) that they were sitting to close and that I think I should separate them. That got a chuckle out of them as well as the "who does this guy think he is" pose from Jon and the "I'm always with Rick" pose from Sarah. What a cool and gracious group of celebs!

just freaking awesome story and pic...sounds like a great time from everyone.

Well it's been a while since I’ve posted so I wanted to add some new pictures. I've been working diligently on the hardest part of my Rick Grimes costume....... the physique!! Admittedly, I was little heavy to be pulling off a zombie apocalypse sheriff! And I had plenty of "dead heads" point that out to me at conventions. So what did I do? Well, how bout drop 30 lbs for starters!! Check out my before and after pictures (March - July) and let me know what you think!!

1075253_10151773607906171_1406451483_n.jpg1069032_10151773607896171_927391882_n.jpg

Well it's been a while since I’ve posted so I wanted to add some new pictures. I've been working diligently on the hardest part of my Rick Grimes costume....... the physique!! Admittedly, I was little heavy to be pulling off a zombie apocalypse sheriff! And I had plenty of "dead heads" point that out to me at conventions. So what did I do? Well, how bout drop 30 lbs for starters!! Check out my before and after pictures (March - July) and let me know what you think!!

View attachment 210420View attachment 210421

Great job on the weight loss ... But IMO, to hell with anyone that commented negatively about your cosplay. You did a fantastic job putting a SA costume together!

I'm running about 6ft/250lbs and, aside from the idiots asking if I'm a real cop, I got nothing but compliments at the recent Florida SuperCon. Sure I'm a bit bigger than you'd expect someone to be during an apocolypse ... Then again Hurley never really dropped weight during 6 seasons of "Lost" either. :lol ... And my final justification ... I'm not being paid millions to lose weight so I can play this character.

Thanks for posting all these awesome details and links, you owe me over $400 now! This was such a great write up I used most of it and did a few things on my own and one thing lead to another and I built my own Grimes outfit and it looks pretty awesome. I'm just waiting for my duty belt to arrive, I picked up a sweet one on ebay with all the accessories I wanted but the belt was only a 30 so I needed another that would actually go around my waist. I'll post some pics as soon as the rest of the outfit comes in. Just wanted to say great job and thanks for helping a noob put together a realistic outfit.

Hack, you,ve put together a great outfit! After loosing wight, you could be Andrew Lincoln stunt double!
For the perfect-perfect replica you could "reverse" the loop on the Officer cord, so the right side goes under the leftt side.

Rick´s
WD101_0117_a_zps4e605ffe.jpg

Your´s
20836_a_zpsd70e0e35.jpg

Just pop off the tips of the cord, rearrange and push back the tips. This way you can also trim the cord to any desired length.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting all these awesome details and links, you owe me over $400 now! This was such a great write up I used most of it and did a few things on my own and one thing lead to another and I built my own Grimes outfit and it looks pretty awesome. I'm just waiting for my duty belt to arrive, I picked up a sweet one on ebay with all the accessories I wanted but the belt was only a 30 so I needed another that would actually go around my waist. I'll post some pics as soon as the rest of the outfit comes in. Just wanted to say great job and thanks for helping a noob put together a realistic outfit.

Dude!! Thanks for the kind words! You are more than welcome! I'm glad I could help! I know I couldn't have done mine without help from the RPF family! Have fun..... and always aim for the head!

Hey gang! Just got back from Ohio Comic Con and I have more awesome pics than I can possible post. So many cool stories too like hanging out with Scott Wilson (Hershel) at the hotel bar two nights in a row. Anyways, check out this cool video that Wizard World made that features me acting like Rick Grimes. You'll see me around the 1:25 mark. They cut to me two more times after that.

The Con is On - Wizard World Ohio Comic Con - YouTube

So much fun!!

IMG_2871[1].JPGIMG_2873[1].JPG

I signed up just to say how awesome that setup was. I'm trying to get a Carl-ish looking costume for my nephew for Halloween this year on a budget of next to nothing (got laid off work in July). I'm having a heck of a time finding a hat, got one but its kind of small so its a bummer. I made his shirt myself, the one with the paw and the atomic lines he wears alot, and a denim jacket. Gonna dirty him up real good on Halloween.

I also worked as a volunteer at the Phx Comicon this year and Carl, merle, and Andrea were there (the actors of course). It was pretty neat to see them up close, well as close as I got. Your photo was awesome with everyone, pretty cool.

Worse comes to worse, he'll have to make due with the hat I got him, and I'm gonna look for the gold rope to put on his hat. No badge though. Can't bring myself to get him even the 20 buck one when unemployment only shoots you 150. Bills suck, especially when you're in school full time too.

Anyways, my searching for things for my nephew, brought me here. Just had to say how cool I thought the setup was, and how you laid it all out in the posts.

I'm having a heck of a time finding a hat, got one but its kind of small so its a bummer.

Thanks for the kind words!! Try searching eBay for a Stetson Grant 4X hat. That's the hat I got and it looks very similar to Rick's Stetson Roper (discontinued). There are some other cheaper alternatives out there. The main things to search for are "chocolate" and "4X". And always make sure you order the right hat size! :) Good luck with Carl!!

First, I want to say hello to everyone, and that I just joined up ;) I had to... this costume is amazing, and I wanted to throw in my kudos on a job well done.

I was at the Dallas Comic Con Fan Days a few weeks ago, and I picked up an awesome Rick shirt, complete with screen accurate patches, badge (yes, the expensive one :p) lapel pins and name badge... even with just that shirt, I was getting some great comments. Even Steven Yeun gave me props! I decided that I would create the complete outfit for the next show, and got to work checking out the net for pics and info. I came across the other thread with the costume, and started ordering some of the items I would need. I already had a chocolate hat that is an excellent fit for Rick's, and just needed the badge and cords to complete it.

I ordered the cheaper badge for the hat, and the real cords from Quartermaster. The badge came yesterday and I have mounted it to the hat... looks great, I think. I already had a belt and holster, but not like what Rick wears... but it will do until I can get better ones. I also got a very cheap toy gun for shows (again until I can find a proper prop ;)

You all inspire me, and I want to thank you all for that! I so want a pic like you have with the cast... lets hope they come to Dallas soon! I'll post some pics when I get a chance to take some...

Cheers,

S.

I found a almost perfect replica cheap at bass pro shop it shoots orange bullets and needs silver paint. Also the design on the handle is a bit different but painting and sanding would fix that. And the piece under the barrel would need to be extended with a wooden rod or plastic tube.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back