the zombie silicone mask sculpt in progress

ianfxmen

Sr Member
heres the sculpture in progress of our next silicone mask we will start on the detailing next weeks then its done.
IMG_2349_zpsdc977a7b.jpg

IMG_2351_zps095df7f2.jpg

IMG_2350_zps75186afd.jpg

Looks awesome.

'The only thing that throws off the look for me is the funky
look of the rib cage. Not realistic looking at all.

The sculpt it self is just plain awesome though.

I agree the ribs are a little out there. Compared to the face they look like they are far more decomposed. Knowing what I do about your masks this should be awesome.

Looks great, but the chest is more dessicated than the face, and the structure of the bones is weird. The texture looks amazing though, well done.

no he makes a generic armature just like cfx does but doesnt have all the modifications needed to make a proper fitting silicone mask.far from it.if it was that easy trust me there would be millions of realistic silicone mask makers out there but not the case as its more complicated that it looks.it took us 7 years and redid the core about 10 times before getting it to fit like it does today.

This is really nice, but is it my imagination or do all commercial silicone masks from all the major manufacturers look like members of the same family? If it isn't just me, why is this so? And why is it not true of latex masks? Maybe all the masks from one manufacturer are sculpted on the same armature, but surely not all manufacturers?

This is really nice, but is it my imagination or do all commercial silicone masks from all the major manufacturers look like members of the same family? If it isn't just me, why is this so? And why is it not true of latex masks? Maybe all the masks from one manufacturer are sculpted on the same armature, but surely not all manufacturers?

The company that the original poster owns/works for makes a lot of silicone masks. Im assuming they're all sculpted on the same armature because they have the same proportions/features. The nose really gives it away on all the pieces. They still look fantastic though

Most silicone mask making companies out there are using a modified CFX armature. I know SPFX and Real Flesh are using ones they made. You are also limited by what you can do just with the nature of silicone, it being an expensive material you can't get too thick and you have to keep it uniform throughout. This may be why it looks like most masks look one company is making each one.

Last edited:
The Joe Human armature from CFX is tiny I have one and I cant use it I just keep it for display now.

well yes all the proportions are always the same since they are all sculpted on the same armature.Now like i said a regular cfx armature would work but needs extensive modifications and remold recast etc etc . needs the mouth to be carved in and reculted ,the ears undercut to be taken out or filled in,the neck to be enlarged and to be longer,the chin to be made bigger etc etc etc its clearly not been made to be functional and only for display and i understand why cfx did that as they wouyld be crazy to sell a ready to go silicone mask makjing armature as its the most complicated part to suceed with in silicone mask making.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back