A Mad Max merchandising question -- What's out there?

Jet Beetle

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
So my son caught the Road Warrior on tv the other day whilst home with the sick and he is now hooked. I picked up Mad Max and Beyond Thunderdome for him to enjoy and they've been on constant rotation in his player - (I can hear him laughing everytime the line "I'm a fuel injected suicide machine - I am The Nightrider!" blares from his set) Well, with this eventually came the request for a V-8 Interceptor toy car. Now, I could have sworn they released these as die cast along with other Hollywood machines awhile back, but I'm having a real hard time finding anything other than 200 dollar kits. I know from my trips to Japan and Wonder Festival there is a guy there who sells all kinds of Mad Max stuff that I'll pick up this summer - but were there any black on black V-8s released? I've seen the Johnny Lightning yellow, blue cop car interceptors, was Max's car also released in this set? I'm sure the action figures are something else I'll have to pick up (Oh, Suncoast - why didn't I get them when they were on sale for 4 bucks each during your going out of business sale?!)

Any help on what's out there would be a great help - thanks.

Yeah - that is weird Rob. You would think that Max's car would have been swooped up by someone looking for a license. Thanks for that link Jeyl - I've seen those figs on ebay and they don't come cheap.

What's funny is those figures were on blowout at Gamestop forever back when they first came out. I actually had max without his gun (the guy lost it). I think they might have reissued the soundtrack at some point but that's about it.

I always wanted more Mad Max stuff. I actually had those figures, no idea where they were from, they were a bday present. I had Max & Feral Kid, and the Gyro Captain, I just found this site MadMaxModels.com: Mad Max Toys I guess you can take inspiration and mod up some existing toys, figures & scale models alike.

Not sure if it's legally licensed, but there was an airsoft shotgun:

supernatural-props-what-ya-got-hwasan-shotgun.jpg-116278d1349150136

Those are good prices. Actually those are close to the original prices I remember in Gamestop. Should have bought a bunch of them instead of Final Fantasy figures.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back