A Mad Max merchandising question -- What's out there?

You ever heard of the Sega Genesis and SNES game Outlander? It began its life as an official Mad Max video game before the company lost the license. SInce they were almost complete with the game, they decided to change it slightly and give it a different name.

At least, that's what I heard.

really? I'm going to pick that up - my son was shocked when I told him there was no Mad Max game. thanks for the info bro

really? I'm going to pick that up - my son was shocked when I told him there was no Mad Max game. thanks for the info bro

Like I said, that's what I heard. I read about it at this page, which the description explains the whole thing I pointed out (under the "inspired/unofficial" section). They also have an overview of the game here as well. BTW, I made a mistake, the Outlander game started its life out as a Road Warrior game (basically, for the sequel, not the original film). However, according to the site, there was once an official Mad Max game on the NES (as you can see in the same page I linked above).

No problem. I myself have a copy of Outlander. I haven't played it, but I've got it in my collection. :)

Oh yeah - remember that one:

NES-GAME-Mad%20Max.JPG

That is one very expensive game to get these days. I remember renting it for a buck back in the day. Outlander is very much a Mad Max game without the franchise hooked to it and man it's not an easy game at all.

So my son caught the Road Warrior on tv the other day whilst home with the sick and he is now hooked. I picked up Mad Max and Beyond Thunderdome for him to enjoy and they've been on constant rotation in his player - (I can hear him laughing everytime the line "I'm a fuel injected suicide machine - I am The Nightrider!" blares from his set) Well, with this eventually came the request for a V-8 Interceptor toy car. Now, I could have sworn they released these as die cast along with other Hollywood machines awhile back, but I'm having a real hard time finding anything other than 200 dollar kits. I know from my trips to Japan and Wonder Festival there is a guy there who sells all kinds of Mad Max stuff that I'll pick up this summer - but were there any black on black V-8s released? I've seen the Johnny Lightning yellow, blue cop car interceptors, was Max's car also released in this set? I'm sure the action figures are something else I'll have to pick up (Oh, Suncoast - why didn't I get them when they were on sale for 4 bucks each during your going out of business sale?!)

Any help on what's out there would be a great help - thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.862361103790924.1073742039.646330432060660&type=1

10339663_862361110457590_1958811348431739885_n.jpg

How old is he?

You can often find MFP badges and stickers on eBay.

How about a boomerang and silver paint... gore is optional.

It shouldn't be tough to get a nerf gun and adapt it to a wrist dart gun.

If he's a huge fan (like I was) you could also get him a blue heeler puppy.

Great news, finally.

Was very close to buying the very expansive Japanese conversion kit and convert my AutoArt MM2 Falcon into the MM1 version, Phew. I know some that did.

That's two down and two to go. The Fury Road Bob and Citadel converted Razor Cola 1/18s

it looks like Greenlight Collectibles are bringing out a 1/18 scale Mad Max 1 V8 Interceptor and a 1/64th scale version this summer. great for those that don't have the money for the 200 dollar Autoart one.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back