Small Soldiers 1:1 Archer model paintup

Howlrunner

Sr Member
I picked this kit up a while ago but have only just got it onto the bench to start the paintup. Any fans of Small Soldiers should definitely check this model out.

Archer3DPaintKit.jpg

Three things to note. First, I would NOT use the paints that come with the kit if you want it to look any good - do not be put off by the shoddy paintjob on the box! Second, whoever put the model together for the box art is a tool - they've put his sword in his hand backwards and inserted Archer's crossbow into the wrong hole in his arm (they've inserted it into what is actually a sculpted joint) - so it looks really weird and crappy. Again, don't be put off. And third, the vac-formed base that comes with the kit is pants. I ditched that straight away and cut the huge pegs off the bottom of Archer's feet so he could stand by himself.

I'm not a huge fan of the pose (he looks too heroic and not enough of an "at rest" toy pose), but the detail, sculpt and balance on the model is excellent (much better than the 12" Hasbro figure that I previously repainted - which needs it's feet permanently attached to a base to stop it from falling over).

Archer1a.jpg

Archer1b.jpg

Archer1c.jpg

Time to bust out the paints. :cool:thumbsup

Last edited:
Looks nice. I wonder if someone will take the sculpture apart and make a action figure from it.

What is that "3D PAINT KIT" anyway? Paint that is 3d?

I did consider that, but it would take a lot of sculpting to alter it, due to the muscle structure and position of the limbs. Didn't fancy that. But I agree, it would be cool if someone did it.

OK, he's been sitting on a shelf for months, but I finally got round to actually painting this little guy. Definitely think this is the best lifesize Archer replica out there (other than the ultra rare Japanese Softgarage statues). Great details/accessories and a nice sculpt - much more accurate than the 12" Hasbro figure(s). It does look smaller, but that's just because of his stance.

ArcherFinished7.jpg

ArcherFinished6.jpg

ArcherFinished5.jpg

ArcherFinished4.jpg

ArcherFinished3.jpg

ArcherFinished2.jpg

ArcherFinished.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back