What ONE prop has made it into the most movies?

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Cutiehoney's thread about the Minilite headset get me thinking. What One prop (and no I'm not talking about a brick, a cigarrette or a post it note) is recognized in the most amount of movies? It has to be a prop worthy of display.

The idol from Raiders has made it into a few.
Other than Raiders, I know it's been in both one of those Spy Kids movies and "The Majestic". Also can see a few shots of Adams on Mythbusters. :p

-Rabittooth

starship troopers armor.

that crap shows up EVERYWHERE.

seconded by blade trinitys 3 barrel winchester.

they get around like little prop ho's :lol

chris

If you would have included TV props I would have said the foam costume on Conan O'Brien that's been used for about 15 different skits :p

-Ss

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(howlingwind13 @ Dec 13 2006, 07:32 PM) [snapback]1377359[/snapback]</div>
The Pke meter from ghostbusters
GB1
GB2
Suburban Commando
They Live
and some tv show that escapes me

mike
[/b]

Wasn't that Simon & Simon?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(micdavis @ Dec 13 2006, 09:24 PM) [snapback]1377401[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(howlingwind13 @ Dec 13 2006, 07:32 PM) [snapback]1377359[/snapback]
The Pke meter from ghostbusters
GB1
GB2
Suburban Commando
They Live
and some tv show that escapes me

mike
[/b]

Wasn't that Simon & Simon?
[/b][/quote]

Heh, I remember it from some allergy medicine commercial too- scanning alien pollen or something. :D

-Sarge

OH. That orange/red neon thing from Modern Props too- it had the 4 horizontal neon tubes that sequenced in a rolling motion.

"V"
"Trek II"
"Buck Rogers"
"Galactica"
Bunch of other stuff- help me out.

[EDIT] Found a pic-

195-0290.jpg

-Sarge

yeah that neon thing was even in the last starfighter and I think airplane II? I think the pke meter has the record thus far. The necronomicon was in Evil Dead II, Army of Darkness and Jason goes to hell the final friday.

I was gonna say broom handle mausers and graflex flashguns. :) I see them in all the appropriately dated films. The press always used the flashgun and the germans used the mauser in war films.

Dave :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SgtFang @ Dec 13 2006, 09:31 PM) [snapback]1377412[/snapback]</div>
OH. That orange/red neon thing from Modern Props too- it had the 4 horizontal neon tubes that sequenced in a rolling motion.

"V"
"Trek II"
"Buck Rogers"
"Galactica"
Bunch of other stuff- help me out.

[EDIT] Found a pic-

195-0290.jpg

-Sarge
[/b]

It's been in SOOO many SciFi movies and TV shows. Several different TNG, DS9 and Voyager episodes.

Here's a picture of it turned off in TNG.

d33355datalore037p219.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SgtFang @ Dec 13 2006, 06:31 PM) [snapback]1377412[/snapback]</div>
195-0290.jpg

-Sarge
[/b]
In Airplane II indeed,
"Sir these lights keep flashing back and forth. Other than that, this thing seems to have no other purpose."

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back