Angel blade from Supernatural - Finished!

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Got the first of 2 packages in yesterday, and man oh man was I happy with the surprise :D

Some details!
- Completely made of aluminum
- Highly polished, not plated
- SOLID metal. Only "separate" piece is the guard which is set and pinned in place.
- Each is unique because they are hand made, not machined
- Can probably stab through a car door

I loves it :love

Angel blade prototype - Imgur <-- gallery for finished

kq1hvVU.jpg

iI924na.jpg

g4Ai4aX.jpg

eTJdOPA.jpg
5i93AmP.jpg

PlEm0zT.jpg

WKvTE9W.jpg

j3buds0.jpg

XARw1o0.jpg

(The pics are all of the same one)

It's really an amazing piece. There are tool markings on there, and it didn't help that I kinda fondled the thing a lot before taking pics, but you can see how mirror reflective the finish is even with that. If there's a run of em, they shouldn't have the guard be separate, it was mainly because of the size of the aluminum rod he cut down. Next batch would be out of a larger rod, so no need for pinning.

It's entirely more awesome than I had hoped, but pretty much a dead on copy of the drawings I sent. Couldn't have asked for better :)

Chris

Here's hoping I can sweet talk the guy into it :lol

To move discussion away from JY stuff and more towards prop stuff, does anyone have any display ideas?

I was thinking of a flat base with raised acrylic stands to hold the sword sideways, but that takes up a lot of real estate. One of my Ruby daggers has a crystal stand that holds it at an angle, but that's not really feasible for something this big.

Any ideas on how to show one off?

Chris

Maybe something vertical? I don't know the exact sizing that you were looking for but maybe something like this
hanwei-odachi-stand-oh2393.jpg

Hmm... that's actually not a bad idea. I might go the crystal route and get something made like that to make it all heavenly and blingtastic :lol

I'd go the plastic/plexi route but my local guy retired and the replacement guy just flat out sucks and refuses to do anything except engrave pre made awards. Waste of a laser cutter if ya ask me :angry

Info on the possibility of a run in the JY now.

Chris

Got the first of 2 packages in yesterday, and man oh man was I happy with the surprise :D

Some details!
- Completely made of aluminum
- Highly polished, not plated
- SOLID metal. Only "separate" piece is the guard which is set and pinned in place.
- Each is unique because they are hand made, not machined
- Can probably stab through a car door

I loves it :love

Angel blade prototype - Imgur <-- gallery for finished

(The pics are all of the same one)

It's really an amazing piece. There are tool markings on there, and it didn't help that I kinda fondled the thing a lot before taking pics, but you can see how mirror reflective the finish is even with that. If there's a run of em, they shouldn't have the guard be separate, it was mainly because of the size of the aluminum rod he cut down. Next batch would be out of a larger rod, so no need for pinning.

It's entirely more awesome than I had hoped, but pretty much a dead on copy of the drawings I sent. Couldn't have asked for better :)

Chris

I am willing to buy one of these right now. Please, please e-mail me at kestrelarchery@gmail.com or send me a message. I have been searching for this for years.

Appreciate the offer but the prototypes are all spoken for at the moment.

I am thinking of lobbing mine up on ebay to help kickstart the new run though.

If we do end up going with a run, you are more than welcome to participate :)
Chris

Appreciate the offer but the prototypes are all spoken for at the moment.

I am thinking of lobbing mine up on ebay to help kickstart the new run though.

If we do end up going with a run, you are more than welcome to participate :)
Chris

Hope I see it on Ebay soon, I'm literally salivating.
Please let me know when I can get in on a run of these. I will jump on it the second I can.

Hmm... that's actually not a bad idea. I might go the crystal route and get something made like that to make it all heavenly and blingtastic :lol

I'd go the plastic/plexi route but my local guy retired and the replacement guy just flat out sucks and refuses to do anything except engrave pre made awards. Waste of a laser cutter if ya ask me :angry

Info on the possibility of a run in the JY now.

Chris

Yeah, I was thinking a clear one but couldn't find one online, though getting a custom one done shouldn't be too hard. And would look awesome!

And threw my interest in your other thread

Yea, the guy knocked it outta the park :)

Can't wait to see how the golden brass one looks when it's finished up.

Gonna start doodling out a base for it as well. Probably going to have to go vertical on it, and I can't think of a way to hold this on the wall on a plaque.

The nerd in me wants to name it "Understanding" though :lol

Chris

Just thought of another idea for a base. Angel wings? The wings that show when every angel are a little to wide to make a good display but the first time we see Castiel's wings might work. I think that would look killer

castiel_shows_his_wings.png

I REALLY wanted to do a plaque style holder where it'd fit on the wall hanging down, but the wooden plaque would have had the black wings burnt/painted on there.

Only problem is, I can't figure out how to get the blade to stay in position. It has a round handle (slick), and then a triangular (sharpish) blade. Maybe something mounted in the wood, but I can't think of anything offhand.

Might be looking at it from the wrong perspective though. I was thinking hardware when I probably should be thinking laser cut plexi or something instead....

Chris

Well, crap. Checked out the single sword holders, and I don't think they would work too well.

The blades about 24.5" long or so, and the length of the top part is 25", the bottom is 12", which means the length of the last angle is right at ~28" (27.7). I dunno how far in that little divot is to hold the blade, so I don't think it'd fit.

Might use the idea for a basic design though :)

Chris

Awesome ideas on the plaque :)

Still doodling up some designs, but popped up a new thread in the JY for those interested.

Thinking of a wooden plaque, angel wings in blade, and 2 pieces of plexi to hold the blade and hilt pointed down.

Plus side, I think it'd look awesome.

Con side, it might fall and stab me, plus I don't know much about wood working to get the angel feather burnt effect...

Chris

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back