Gundam Build: Wing Gundam Zero Custom (WIP)

takaaaa

Greetings interwebers,
Today I will be starting a Gundam suit. I have picked one of my most favorite Mobile Suits, the Wing Gundam Zero Custom (Wing Zero), as seen is the Gundam Wing Endless Waltz movie.

This is what it looks like. This is a 1/60 scale model (Not my model)

img_1316859000_2_zps875644eb.jpg

img_1316859009_4_zpsc6987dc1.jpg

Now this is be a semi-speed build, so I wont be taking pictures of everything.

Also to be pointed out. I am going with a pep file that's meant as a papercraft model version, and just scaling up and modifying it to be worn as a costume. I do not take credit for these files. I found these files over a year ago and can't find where I got them, or who to credit. If someone does find who to credit I will gladly edit this post, as this would not be possible with out them.

I know many people who have made a Gundam cosplay, use different material or processes, but this way is the way I am most familiar and experienced with. Also this is a speed build, so I'm doing what I can do the fastest. So don't worry about the weight and stuff. I will explain as I build~ You can trust me~

Ok! So let's get started! Gundam semi-speed build! Start!

Welcome to my work station where I build and airbrush my Gunpla (Gundam model kits). I will be using this small, cramped area to cut and glue.

IMG_8696_zpsed1d5b55.jpg

So I always start Gundam costumes from the head. So I'm starting from the head.
Scaled the pep to fit my small head.

IMG_8700_zps84d6dea6.jpg

Good morning interwebers,
So I got up early and started on the torso. Started with the red section and added the center and shoulders.

IMG_8721_zpsb17039c5.jpg

IMG_8722_zpsb91a92f6.jpg

IMG_8723_zps561b9a0f.jpg

IMG_8730_zps69c0f41e.jpg

I may make the shoulder vulcans actually able to open with servos. so thats why they are only half built, I will come back to that later.

I was also able to just finish the upper arm before getting breakfast, but got into a rhythm and just kept at it until I finished the whole left arm including the gauntlets.

IMG_8740_zps105dae6a.jpg

IMG_8758_zpse5d86a35.jpg

Time to go get some food. Will finish the other arm when I get back

Good evening Interwebers,
So I was hoping to finish the legs and feet by now, but I ended up just watching TV. lol I did however finish one leg and foot.

IMG_8797_zpsa4eccbbe.jpg

Lookin' good brah, After I look forward ta see your progress keep up th' good work. :p

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Good morning Interwebers,
So last night I stayed up and finished the second leg and foot. I also made a stand just to see everything so far.

IMG_8808_zpsa19e21ea.jpg

It stands about 8' tall which wont be a problem.
Next I will work on the front and rear skirts, then start to fiberglass all the completed pieces. I will be working on the wings last.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back