Darth Malgus Costume Finished Pics-Page 8 Vid-Page 9

Re: Darth Malgus Costume WIP

On a side note, I think Im going to make a Republic Trooper, minus the hideous helmet that they wore in the promo vidoes. I know some people call them Havoc Troopers, but in game Havoc Squad wears the yellow orange like Parjai squad...not red. Maybe have it ready for CVII and meet up with Malgus, Thermal Det in hand(or sticky grenade for that matter)

What exactly is Foamex and where can I get some? Looks like an amazing material to work with. Is there different thickness? Any info would be great!
Amazing build so far! Keep it up, can't wait to see the finished product.

Foamex is a foamed fine cell sheet of PVC that comes in various thicknesses.
Normally used for things like signage it can be cut, heated and shaped and takes paints well. I love the stuff. I get mine from a local sign maker. I ask him to keep all his off cuts for me too.:thumbsup

Simply amazing work. Who ever said that mask wouldn't look right was dead wrong...killer paint job.

Thank mate, you should see it with the mask actually on! Its shape is way better and the breather mask seems to fit much better too.
It might be something to do with the Ecoflex silicone, it seems to mould to your face better than on a mannequin as your skin warms it and shapes to the contours.
I'll get some better pics up later.:thumbsup

Before I did a try on I had a bash at making the spine detail on the back of the neck which attaches to the breather mask. I wasn't going to make this originally as it will probably never be seen due to the rather large Sith hood he wears most of the time.
So using my new best friend foamex I cut and glued a former together, then moulded it in fibreglass.
2070467c0da16544833a224080f08e39.jpg

I needed to hide the wire that supplies the power to the breather so I threaded that through the mould and poured the mould up using some black Ecoflex silicone.
4db911ca94db638ab267b8a8591007d9.jpg

Next I very carefully glued it into position and filled any gaps.
a47e83046b19b4288f0f0f38d06cdc52.jpg

After adding some more veins and giving the whole thing a coat of black it helped blend it into the existing mask better.
4651a3ae9ecb5196077527476a26b886.jpg

The breather mask now sits nicely and locates into the small box on the back.

I could resist having a try on with all the parts I have so far. Got a good friend to take a few pics, strictly shoulders and above!! Lol
This gives me an idea of what needs improving/changing.
The mask is sitting a little high on the face in these pics but a small adjustment has now corrected that.
1f9aa2f0e6a6d88889f4bcf8115170cc.jpg

472e9244aeee4924ab55e1b56dba7baa.jpg

d199aecffc78b4fa583f212dbc74d033.jpg

Omg man!! That looks stunning! I am beyond impressed know with what your doing :)
On a side note I may be picking your brain soon as I have a costume idea "forming in my head" and it will need some foamex used in it.

Last edited:

I'm completely blown away by how incredible this looks.
Well done man...keep up the great work.
Absolutely enjoying this build. :)

David

Every time I think I've seen the pinnacle of what can be build here on the RPF someone goes and creates a new masterpiece that sets the bar even higher.

This build is AMAZING!

I bet your grinning ear to ear, its looking great. The ears and the mod you did to the brow set that mask off...still think you need to make the scarring on the left side of the face white like the rest of the face...to make it scarred over. and that neck detail is awesome I woulda been sad if you didnt add it....cause you need to be taking the hood off now and then he didnt fight with the hood up, so having that detail shows your attention to detail....

I read this:
"I could resist having a try on with all the parts I have so far. Got a good friend to take a few pics, strictly shoulders and above!! Lol "

and was looking like "Ok, he posted a couple of nice renders, where's his pics?" And then I realized those were the pics and went :eek

Amazing job. :thumbsup

I read this:
"I could resist having a try on with all the parts I have so far. Got a good friend to take a few pics, strictly shoulders and above!! Lol "

and was looking like "Ok, he posted a couple of nice renders, where's his pics?" And then I realized those were the pics and went :eek

Amazing job. :thumbsup

I did the same thing. I looked at them 3 times before realizing it was him. The talent level on this board is insane.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back