Darth Malgus Costume Finished Pics-Page 8 Vid-Page 9

Re: Darth Malgus Costume WIP

I'm loving following this build; it's looking fantastic. Do you know if foamex is the same as Sintra? Or is it something else?

Absolutely INCREDIBLE! I've been following this build for some time now, & I've got to say your attention to detail is MIND BLOWING! Your use of basic materials like foamex/sintra (I think they're the same thing) inspires me to want to pull some of my sintra out of storage & start building something! TRULY INSPIRATIONAL STUFF! I'm looking forward to your continued progress & updates! AWESOME JOB!:thumbsup

I'm loving following this build; it's looking fantastic. Do you know if foamex is the same as Sintra? Or is it something else?

Haha thanks chaps!

Yes I believe foamex and Sintra are one and the same. Just depends where you live and who your supplier is?
It is such versatile stuff. I get sheets of it in various gauges which range from 3mm to 19mm. Though the 19mm version is quite heavy and very tricky to shape as it can prove difficult to evenly heat the piece without it warping.
The other thicknesses generally shape very easily and take paint and various adhesives well.

Awesome.. I have the old man mask w/ a lil custom work, lol I use it for Darth sidious. The comment you made about them thinking ur Vader without a lid, I actually did a Vader revealed cosplay and they thought I was Malgus..lol

This is pretty good looking =)
Tell me please about lights. Which princip did you use in electric scheme?

You're really knocking this build out of park and quickly! I really should look into getting some sintra and playing with it. I've seen so many projects using it with great results.

Fascinating work. I always love watching part development that starts out as clay sculpts.

Time to get back to work on those pesky vambraces.
I cast the boxes in fibreglass and gave them the usual once over with primer filler and hit them with the chrome base layer. I then used a transparent black over this so you get the metallic look coming through. I again want them a bit rough and battered looking so I'm consciously trying not to be too 'Vader Pristine' with it! lol
1aa7398cff73d3ce5c10b00ad6fe5d83.jpg

I mounted them to the actual vambrace and made them removeable to allow access to the battery. The vambrace part that actually sits on my arm I made using some vinyl guttering pipe that I heated and reshaped. Then I made a hinged pivot at one end and flush fitted some heavy elastic the other end. This enables the vambrace just to slip on and off easily and stay in place without having to deal with any fiddly snaps or fasteners.
f686f9cafad97e0de6163b53ce18513e.jpg

Once I installed the LEDs and all the little practical details they were bolted to the base.
They worked out a little heavier than I had hoped but they are extremely robust.
5a26ad66bf8e7dc793675a11f5ec0a56.jpg

This build is coming on extremely well man. I am quite jealous of your mask it looks amazing. Can't wait to see you all suited up.

Per usual, you have managed to fill me with equal parts awe and inspiration. Can't wait to see more.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back