Darth Malgus Costume Finished Pics-Page 8 Vid-Page 9

Re: Darth Malgus Costume WIP

Think I just might be ok! Lol

I'm 6'6" and 255lbs, here's a pic of me in my Bane.
93586ca2ab4d95cb4647a9d143041efd.jpg

WHOA! Now THAT'S a Bane. Nice!

Wes

I know a guy playing it on a mac, but I play on a windows based PC. I dont know why there are so many acolytes, theyre not even in the game really. They were in 1 scene in a trailer and all these people are making the costumes. LOL

No where near as epic a character as Malgus. Ive seen a few troopers here and there. Might get to goto CEII which would be freakin sweet not sure if I would risk bringing my fett along for the ride though.

I like it but how come every darth character has to look like Darth Vader with a respirator with pale-skin?! I do like the costume and sculpt though you did a great job.

Not every darth character has a respirator. Alot of them have pale skin because of the dark side corruption....sideous didnt have a respirator...tyranus...maul...I can go on but you get the point I assume. Malgus got injured on alderan and had to wear the respirator afterwards. His suit is Vader like but thats just to have some Star Wars continuity If he wore some stuff that looked like star trek then we'd have a problem.

Not every darth character has a respirator. Alot of them have pale skin because of the dark side corruption....sideous didnt have a respirator...tyranus...maul...I can go on but you get the point I assume. Malgus got injured on alderan and had to wear the respirator afterwards. His suit is Vader like but thats just to have some Star Wars continuity If he wore some stuff that looked like star trek then we'd have a problem.

Very true, but can You please keep that bad language out of this thread! :lol

Quick update!
The shoulder armour plates are huge and I decided on some 10mm Foamex for this job. Again started with a cardboard template which I used to cut the foamex with. To get the shape I carefully heated it and encouraged it around an old bucket of gelcoat. It had just the right amount of curve.

90d8a824dec6b8332a7508e608a0f1c8.jpg

I then etched some detail into it with some needle files to give it a similar look to the rest of the armour.
c28d2961b833836cf6ff955d203f5faa.jpg

I made some spacers out of the same foamex and paced it on the chest armour to check the fit. Seems to sit quite nicely so next up it gets some paint to match the chest armour.
Because these should plates are so large I'm making them removable so it can be packed easier. They will be held on with bolts which will be hidden by a magnetically attached top panel.

4e7f62b925519b1285cf321f90d184d6.jpg

Looking good big man. This is going to be the best build. I think vader will take a back seat to this at invasions.

Hey I doubt it dude! Everyone will just think I'm Vader without the lid! Lol
Now hurry up and get that Sith Acolyte done so we can storm that Jedi temple!!

That shoulder looks awesome keep the pics coming!

Just wanted to say while being bored the other day on amazon I stumbled across the SWTOR Collectors Edition with the Malgus statue brand new for $63 shipped via amazon prime....and it arrived yesterday. Been wanting the statue for a while now...its sitting on top of my gaming rig, which is black and red so it fits the theme of the sith. Not sure if you've seen the premium format version theyre coming out with this year? The mini bust is so so, as he doesnt use two sabers except in one cut scene and one of them isnt his...anyways...MOAR pics please.

That shoulder looks awesome keep the pics coming!

Just wanted to say while being bored the other day on amazon I stumbled across the SWTOR Collectors Edition with the Malgus statue brand new for $63 shipped via amazon prime....and it arrived yesterday. Been wanting the statue for a while now...its sitting on top of my gaming rig, which is black and red so it fits the theme of the sith. Not sure if you've seen the premium format version theyre coming out with this year? The mini bust is so so, as he doesnt use two sabers except in one cut scene and one of them isnt his...anyways...MOAR pics please.

Yes that's the one that was donated to me. It has certainly helped with reference seeing it in 3d.
Bet it looks cool with the whole gaming rig, very sithly!
The premium format one is a beautiful piece, can't wait to get my hands on one!

Lots going on lately, so I haven't had time to do much.
However the cfx base mask showed up. It is lovely but I want to add a bit to the paint job to get it looking all mean and more Sithly!
I'll get some pics done when I've made some progress. Just waiting for the fresh stock of silicone paint to turn up.
But it did allow me to make a start on the breather mask.
It has to be super light and fitted with LEDs some I went for a foamex construction. I can always cast it at a later date if needed.

Started by making some templates in card and then proceeded to cut, glue and shape each part in the foamex.
2f52d4b660a650af52ee084a9c1d8157.jpg

I also used some pvc plumbing pipe for the neck conectors and plenty of bondo to make good the edges.
70d80809ea62844f74df499d5079fd0e.jpg

A bit of primer filler and sanding later
b519e78419a4d69aa9d8a46690f4a850.jpg

I popped in the red LED mounts and gave it its first black colour coats.
c36cb06bb42a52b5f2a2aa5e9caeca0d.jpg

For the side tube pieces of the breather mask I used some foamed flexy pipe lagging cut to length and tied some fine elastic at equal increments, popped on some end bits and gave it several coats of black Plastidip.
c1cacba920b3df66ed1afccbbc36694c.jpg

I attached them into position and threaded some thick elastic through them along with the power wires.
7a7cdcc9662a300b337bf498ea8245d6.jpg

I finished it by airbrushing in some weathering then adding the lights which will be powered by the wire in the spine detail that I'll be adding to the mask. I then took a pic wearing it with a hefty scowl!! Lol
69b54b0f8f6c998c80474c20736ddde5.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back