Darth Malgus Costume Finished Pics-Page 8 Vid-Page 9

Re: Darth Malgus Costume WIP

Wow. Just wow. I found this thread because I was looking at random Ultrasabers since I have a few of them. And yes, I admit it. I made an account for the sole purpose of posting here and congratulating you on a job well done! But that doesn't even begin to say how awesome your build is. Like many others, I thought the pictures of you were promo shots from Bioware. They are that good. I'd be willing to bet you could send Bioware a resume and maybe get a job in some live-action promo videos or something.

On the subject of the lightsaber, you said you swapped out for a dueling blade? Which blade did you order with the saber? As the owner of 4 different Ultrasabers, I can vouch that even their mid-grade blades stand up to all but the most severe punishment, and the heavy-grades are just about impervious. I've swung mine full-force against concrete walls/corners and only gotten a scratch on them.

In any case, this has to be by far the best costume I've ever seen. The attention to detail is mind blowing. Well done, sir. Very well done.

Thank you so much, that really is a nice to hear. I'm sure you'll get plenty of fun out of this excellent forum anyway! lol
Yes you are right my initial concerns with the blade being a little delicate were unfounded. My standard Ultrasabers blade is more than adequate for my use. The duelling ones must be bullet proof. I could not be happier with my Malgus saber, I dont think i will be making any of my own sabers anymore. The quality and price of Ultrasabers work is second to none!!

Btw I finally have the costume test footage uploaded so ill post it up a bit later when i have a bit more time.

Re: Darth Malgus Costume WIP Finished Pics on Page 8

Great photography for such a wonderful costume. It really goes to show how much a professional photo shoot can be the best way to show off ones props.

So here is finally is the film footage we shot of the first costume fitting.
There were several adjustments made after seeing this footage, including a lovely new hood made by Darth Mac and his lovely wife Annas.
This film footage was shot by the same very talented guy who took the pics using a 'Red MX' camera

Last edited by a moderator:

There were several adjustments made after seeing this footage, including a lovely new hood made by Darth Mac and his lovely wife Annas.
This film footage was shot by the same very talented guy who took the pics using a 'Red MX' camera
Darth Malgus Costume Test - YouTube

This costume rocks guys. This costume sets new levels in the costuming world. If you think the video is smoke and mirrors think again. It is as imposing in real life and the attention to detail is amazing. I am honoured to say both my wife and I worked on this:D. With darth serberus being 6ft 6 he makes this very scary. Well done mate on the footage and I can't wait to troop beside this. I want vader and malgus beside each other my sith brother lol.

ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!! THE BEST REPRESENTATION I'VE EVER SEEN OF THIS CHARACTER!!!! YOUR ATTENTION TO DETAIL IS 2ND TO NONE!!!! It looks as if you WALKED RIGHT OUT OF THE TOR TRAILERS!!!! YOU ARE DARTH MALGUS!!!! JOB VERY WELL DONE MY FRIEND!!!! Any chance of seeing pics of you with the new hood & cape? If so, I'D LOVE TO SEE THEM!!! Again, FANTASTIC JOB on this build!!!:cool

Darth Malgus Costume Test - YouTube

Holy crap. That's film quality movie magic costuming and makeup.

The ONLY thing you need is a makoto blade in that saber.

Stupid awesome!

Saw the video on Kotaku. More cosplayers need to do videos like this instead of just pictures. I'm completely in love with that saber.

Anything created from passion cannot fail.

Darth Malgus has been lovingly brought to life via your superior crafting skills, love for the character and love for creating beautiful things for others to enjoy.

I thank you for sharing your marvellous creation with the greater costuming group both locally and globally and once again, congratulations. You should be extremely proud.

Kind regards
Sarah.
SL31310 - Southern Cross Garrison

Craziest lookin mother ever. I'm going to use some of your techniques for my Hunter from "Destiny" build. Got so much learning and trial and error to get through haha. Gorgeous build!

I can't believe the response to this build, you are all too kind! I am truly inspired by your comments, thankyou so much.
The vid has now pretty much gone viral and I was thrilled at how many people liked it.
Several people have asked how I put together the torso armour. I was in such a hurry to get everything finished i forgot to post that last piece of the build.
So here you go, better late than never! lol

Once again I used the second pull of the shoulder armour as a template and began sculpting the torso by slapping on some ceramic clay. I used the ceramic clay as I was pushed for time.
photo-1.JPG
I was unsure which direction to take with this part of the armour as the CG rendering was unclear whether it was 'hard' armour or just creases in the under suit.
I decided to go between the two and make a Barman style torso that was shaped yet was very flexible.
It would attach to the underside of the chest armour using press stud snaps and then held in position by the ribs that were fixed with quick release buckles for ease.
photo.JPG
The ribs were cast separately using the same urethane rubber as the torso. To add some definition i used a matt finish on most of the torso but then added a gloss finish to some of the detail.
photo-2.JPG
Hope this answers some of your questions.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back