Warcraft (Post-release)

Re: Warcraft

as player from day one i cant wait to see it in the cinema's. if the result will be as good as the cinematics to promote the game all will be well if they dont mess up the story to much.

although i'm not hardcore raiding any more i still enjoy the game alot. lots of warcraft like games came, and went. doubt any will ever match it.

Re: Warcraft Movie

Duncan Jones is going to be a bit pissed off- The new international SW TFA trailer not only has stolen his thunder but makes this look a little prehistoric .

Re: Warcraft Movie

cant wait till it hits the theaters. about time the movie comes out. im a warcraft fan and player since day one.

It LOOKS nice but....it also has that "Cinemax movie of the week" vibe to it,something that may be fun to watch but you forget about it within a week of viewing.

I am reminded of Blizzard's response when Uwe Boll wanted to obtain the rights to make a Warcraft movie:

http://www.shacknews.com/article/52322/blizzard-rejects-uwe-bolls-world

Blizzard Rejects Uwe Boll's World of Warcraft Movie; Boll Explains Importance of Ignoring Game Fans

Proving itself even more worthy of adoration, developer Blizzard has rejected an offer that would have seen reviled director Uwe Boll working on a World of Warcraft film.

"I got in contact with Paul Sams of Blizzard [about a World of Warcraft film] and he said, 'We will not sell the movie rights, not to you...especially not to you,'" Boll informed MTV News.

"Because it's such a big online game success, maybe a bad movie would destroy that ongoing income."

The director of such game-to-film adaptations as Far Cry, BloodRayne, Alone in the Dark, Postal, In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale and House of the Dead also spoke on the importance of ignoring a game's core fanbase.

"To be honest, the real gamers are the typical download guys, right?" Boll reasoned. "They don't pay anything for movies, because they illegally download the movies. So why [should I] please these guys? I need the normal audience."

Last August, Blizzard confirmed it would thankfully be taking the reigns of the Warcraft movie rights, with the studio-endorsed film, produced in conjunction with Legendary Pictures, currently slated for a vague 2009 release.

Only six or seven years later than the initial date, but damn, someone break out the aloe vera for that burn on Boll...

I am reminded of Blizzard's response when Uwe Boll wanted to obtain the rights to make a Warcraft movie:
http://www.shacknews.com/article/52322/blizzard-rejects-uwe-bolls-world
Only six or seven years later than the initial date, but damn, someone break out the aloe vera for that burn on Boll...

Doesn't do much for my opinion of Uwe Boll, generalizing gamers as illegal piraters. What a d-bag.

The movie looks neat, but I don't feel like I need to see this one.
I think StarCraft had a better story and characters and would have made a better movie.

My interest wasnt high to begin with since im not a big fan of world of warcraft or any of the previous games. The movie looks ok but def not something that peaked my interest to wanna go see this in the cinema.

It's only going to be a hit with warcraft fans just like the Resident Evil movies were only big with fans of the series. Still looks better than the D&D movies.

As far as Blizzard games go, I think the characters and stories for StarCraft and Diablo are much more primed for being turned into a movie.

This movie doesn't appeal to me much at all. It looks like a bunch of sabertooth Hulks

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back