Mini Carl Grimes and Daryl Dixon build thread (The Walking Dead)

Feezle-Nuts

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok so I'm going to be putting together a mini version of Carl's Season 3 attire for my 3 year old daughter for Horror Hound Weekend. He wears several different combinations of clothing and I want to do a version of this:

Carl_Grimes%7E0.jpg

I'm going to do the Atomic Paw shirt myself.

Blue button up shirt shouldn't be a problem.

Anybody know what jacket he wears (the one with the sleeves cut off)? I'm sure I wouldn't be able to get one small enough but if I could get some idea what it actually is, I can probably find something close enough.

Also, has anyone come across a decent hat that would work for this?

I'll be using this as a build thread as well as posting some resources I find.

Last edited:
Re: Carl Grimes (The Walking Dead) Research Thread

No progress on Carl yet, but I have mini-Daryl almost completed for my older daughter. I just need to weather it. Don't know if I'm going to make her a vest or not. Probably better to keep things cool. It will be her first con in costume and I already know she won't be carrying the crossbow much.

285393_10200788189046185_454624387_n.jpg

538114_10200788191686251_503265609_n.jpg

$10 ebay hat and campaign cords I made for free. I sprayed them gold and they are drying now.

149176_10200943841937410_936718651_n.jpg

Got her a toy gun and borrowed a friend's airsoft holster.

I'll be making the atomic paw shirt this weekend.

My daughter who is supposed to wear Carl is autistic and she is having issues with the hat. If she doesn't get used to it by then, they may switch costumes. My oldest is pretty attached to her Daryl costume though so she may just end up having two costumes for the weekend.

Due to my lack of being able to find a reasonably priced field jacket in her size, we are going with the stripped down version of Carl.

http://www.seat42f.com/wp-content/u...3-Episode-7-When-The-Dead-Come-Knocking-1.jpg

Pre-weathering and still haven't painted the gun yet.
63940_10200952343309939_322042860_n.jpg

Still not finished. I couldn't find a ringer in her size so I made my own with a fabric pen. That needs touched up. I need some more weathering too. Almost there.

74440_10200970739289827_1945331421_n.jpg

This is soooo awesome Feezle! My Wife and I are jealous your getting to go to Horror hound weekend. My wife is a Huge Daryl fan and I showed her your Daryl costume and she loved it. I am putting a Season 2 Shane together, hopefully sometime I could snag a pic with ya!

That would be awesome! My one co-worker has a shaved head and is built. Tried to get him to do a Shane for this weekend but he will be in the Caribbean. :unsure:unsure Some people just don't have their priorities straight.

That would be awesome! My one co-worker has a shaved head and is built. Tried to get him to do a Shane for this weekend but he will be in the Caribbean. :unsure:unsure Some people just don't have their priorities straight.

I agree lol,You doing any big cons ie SDCC, D*con ect? I shave my head for Bane and Darth Maul so short hair isnt a big deal. I already ordered the Shotgun, screen accurate stock, and have most of his attire!

With 2 toddlers, we have to stick to cons around here for the time being. Someday.

We are shaping up to have a good group for this one though. Daryl, Rick, Dale, Michonne (TV version this time!), The Governor, mini-Carl, and maybe a zombie or two. Should be a good time.

With 2 toddlers, we have to stick to cons around here for the time being. Someday.

We are shaping up to have a good group for this one though. Daryl, Rick, Dale, Michonne (TV version this time!), The Governor, mini-Carl, and maybe a zombie or two. Should be a good time.

Dude def post pics, Id love to see them as I a sure others would too!

Oh I will. We are doing a group shot with the cast.

Carl is a she this time. :)

If things get out of hand, I have devised a way to keep track of Carl. ;)

392871_10200952567235537_561370363_n.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back