Resin and clay will stick together.. or not?

pancake

Hello guys,

I'm new in this forum. I have a question for you. I have to made a sculpture with acrylic resin or Uv resin, I'm a bit undecided. But my main doubt is because I have to create the mould in clay, to be able to pour inside the resin, do you think that I have to apply something between the two material to be able to separate them after..? Because my main concern is that they stick together, and I can't separate them. It would be a better solution if I make the mould in plaster..? Please help me, it's really important.

Sorry if I made some mistakes but English is my second language.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to your answers.

I have used Apoxy Sculpt on resin for some time. It works like a charm. It is a bit different than normal clay because it has a built in adhesive quality.

to use some kind of mold release is a good idea, even spraiable Vaseline could work, i would sugest making small test piece out of your material and testing it with resighn and cla. instead of ruining your mother piece

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back