Silent Running Drone Plans ?

Oblivion

Hi, can anyone point me in the right direction for any plans to build one of the drones from Silent Running ? That's if any exist of course :confused Thanks.

There's a nice paper model from Shunichi Makino.

I made Drone # 1 in 3D Studio Max years ago. Eventually I'll get it 3D printed. I keep hoping McFarlane will do a line of famous Film Robots. The drones, Gort, Robby, B-9 (yeah, a tv bot, but still cool), Maria from Metropolis, would be a nice start.

Hi

I have built quite a number of props, however incomplete, such as a NSD Dalek, R2D2 and a B9. I would like to build a Drone such as Hewey, but unlike any of the other builds, there seems to be very minimal blueprints.

I found one set but its hard to know if the measurements are screen accurate.

I have checked the links before this post and the links take me no where useful. The link to http://www.b9rbc.com/pub/old/drones/droneinfo.html has some pictures and a link to a cad dxf which seems to be unaccessible.

I suppose there are two questions:

1. has any one else got a good set of measurements for the drones, and is willing to share them.

2. would any one know where the original props went and who may have them as this may provide a contact to obtain details.

Here is what I have done by a chap called Mike Joyce.

DroneDimensions.jpg

I hope some one can help.

Regards

Ian

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back