New Star Wars Figures - The Black Series

ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Was this posted?

The amazing new Star Wars toys that will completely invalidate all your other Star Wars toys

medium.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...wars-black-series-action-figure-toys/1872035/

Why the hell can't hasbro put out Transformers this nice lol. You gotta go to japan for figures this nice half the time. These actually look like Hot Toys quality.

That's funny, there was a discussion in the "Statue forum" site. We were talking about a possible 1/12 scale "BAT" from DKR , and we began talking about how cool it would be to see Hot Toys come out with 1/12 scale Star Wars ships, like an X-Wing, or other Star Wars ships in a 1/12 scale.... this would fit Nicely!

I'm excited about this actually but I hate to be the bad guy, but this 6 inch figure looks pretty dang close to my 3-3/4 inch one I have,and this is just the promotional picture. I'm sure the real ones won't be as nice looking. It's just in some dramatic lighting...I'd rather just save my money and get a sideshow one.

@Jedifyfe - I like some of the new versions,like the R2D2 that plays recorded sounds with a blinkie,and for $9 to boot! :thumbsup (I don't really collect them though,First thing I do is take them out of the box and put them on the shelf,hehe,and let the kid play with them.Not me of course)

The only figs I've bought in years were the McQuarrie figs and some of the classic packaging ones. I'm all in on these. Fantastic. Can I get on a list where they just mail them to me as they come out?

If the production versions look as good as that, I'm in. Little by little, I've been trying to shake the collecting bug, but these look like they could be really nice. Damn it. Just when i thought I was out...

The problem with collecting the 3 3/4 figures, and the reason I stopped, was there were too damn many of them. This series looks like it might be a lot smaller, meaning there probably wont be hundreds of figures released in this format. Much easier to collect the whole series. But PLEASE Hasbro, stick with the OT and get Vader and a Stormtrooper out ASAP.

These look like someothing I will pick up. I quit chasing all the variants,repaints ad repackaging of the same damn figures about a year ad a half ago but these do seem sharp. Tad on the high side I would think $15 would be better.

I think it's a dumb idea unless you just want to get more money from SW collectors. Kids will want the smaller figures because you can get more and you can get a giant AT-AT for the smaller figures. I seriously doubt they will make a 6" scale vehicle of any kind.

"Priced at $19.99 each, eight figures are planned for 2013 — Hasbro will primarily draw characters from the original Star Wars trilogy of films while also bringing in key players from the prequels."

"The Black Series appeals to those newbies who want to start a series from the start as well as those hardcore collectors who gobble up anything having to do with the words "Jedi" or "Empire" and "are looking for something new and their interest isn't as piqued by the 15th cantina alien we have yet to do," DePriest says. "We realize folks want their iconic characters delivered up in a new way."

This is a good approach to lure new collectors.

So Wave 1 in 2013 will include 8 figures.

Confirmed

1. Luke in X-Wing Fighter flight suit
2. R2-D2
3. Imperial Sandtrooper
4. Darth Maul

Speculation

5. Han Solo
6. C-3PO
7. Obi-Wan
8. Darth Vader

These will also be great for making custom figs. I have a buddy who makes his own with the six inch Marvel figs and they look great.

About the quality: I say wait to see in person. I know how lighting can make an action figure look great, while it looks terrible when you see it in person.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back