New Star Wars Figures - The Black Series

Re: Jabba the Hutt - The Black Series

The six inch line is amazing and Jabba is no exception! I love the guy! So much in fact that I have 4 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The jabba has been marked down to 14-15 dollars on Amazon for the last few weeks. I went to Target and had them price match it last week.

I've been really trying NOT to buy the Speeder Bike one at Target. It's killing me though. I stopped buying stuff like this many years ago (have hundreds of toys in boxes at my parents house).

I got the R2, opened, on my desk at work atm. My boss, and most of my coworkers are Indian and have no idea what it is. Most thought it was supposed to be a rocket.

Not at all a jab at different nationality, just thought that was interesting from a cultural perspective.

It's a shame that the terrible paint apps plague this line.

Apart from series 1, the paint is awful on the majority of them.

Hasbro needs to stop using the same paint on the 6" as they do on the 3 3/4".

Perfect example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Ev31d9-OY

The great sculpt just disappears under the awful paint.

Re: 2015 Han Solo & Tauntaun Set - Black Series

tauntaun set! great! would be cool to mod it to fit a figure in the belly like the original lol thanks for sharing the video!

The 6" collection has been hit and miss with me. I like them as additions to my prop collection display. Right now, this Han and TaunTaun are a miss... at least at the MSRP $40. I enjoyed the biker scout and bike. I did end up with Jabba but only because I got Target to price match against Amazon for $15 and then I used some other discounts which made it around $13.

There are a few issues I have with this item based on other reviews:
- Hasbro is well aware that the coat should be brown but yet they went with blue.
- Although technically the hood is removable, it is obviously not meant to be a feature. It is simply a construction choice to get more detailing on the head and allow movement. If you remove the hood, the neck area look extremely stupid. If they wanted the hood to be a removable feature, they should have included a hood down accessory to replace it with.
-From other reviews, they say the tauntaun feels extremely cheaply made, very light/hollow.

I currently have my 3.75" scale tauntaun, wampa, and Luke on display. I think it looks nice. I was hoping to replace it with these new 6" versions (as the Wampa is/will be released with Luke). But based on what i am seeing with both these 2 deluxe items, I am better off sticking with what i have.

I don't know. I just be so disillusioned with Hasbro these last two years. They either have bad ideas, or good ideas that are poorly executed. They are also full of excuses.

You do raise some interesting points! Thanks for watching!

Last edited by a moderator:

So far I've avoided the human characters. Helmeted characters, Bosk, I've bought those. . The Vader was no bueno though. weird looking helmet.

Had already decided to pass on this one when the promo pics were unveiled. Seriously, how in the 'collector line' does Hasbro put out a 6" taun-taun with LESS articulation and a worse sculpt than the recent Vintage Collection 3.75" taun-tauns? The big seam down the whole body, and reading about how light the thing is (plus the fact that they NAILED the reigns to the poor thing's head!) makes it a pass for me. Still excited to see how the Wampa turned out though, and I'm hoping to pick up a cheap-ish, loose 6" Han and 6" Chewie to display on the base for my HS Falcon conversion - those look pretty good to me.

I've been having some gripes about Hasbro myself. I really really loathe the whole "retro" style 3 3/4 figures that have hit the shelf in the last year or two. I know they're capable of good sculpts and articulation, yet they go with what's "in" and hit the retro style. Probably just being cheap.
The Black Series is the only thing they've got going for them as far as I'm concerned. Which has been hit and miss. I gave my Obiwans face a repaint since his eyes had looked off in other directions and extended over his eyelids.

The 6" collection has been hit and miss with me.

Glad I am not the only one that feels this way. Some stuff is really good, but then they completely miss the point in other areas. Probably the 2 parts that annoy me the most is the sets that are all card board at premium pricing and scaling is often wrong. Both Jabba and R2 are too small IMO. If the rest of the line was 5.5" and not 6", probably be perfect. Doesn't fix the card board sets issue though. That just cheapens the whole thing.

So far I've avoided the human characters. Helmeted characters, Bosk, I've bought those. . The Vader was no bueno though. weird looking helmet.

That slave Leia is atrocious. I can not bring myself to buy that figure. Chewbacca is awesome. Han and Greedo are both pretty good. Stormtrooper is a bit off. I am skipping Vader and going for the Bandai 1/12 scaler stuff for all hard armour characters and droids.

Glad I am not the only one that feels this way. Some stuff is really good, but then they completely miss the point in other areas. Probably the 2 parts that annoy me the most is the sets that are all card board at premium pricing and scaling is often wrong. Both Jabba and R2 are too small IMO. If the rest of the line was 5.5" and not 6", probably be perfect. Doesn't fix the card board sets issue though. That just cheapens the whole thing.

That slave Leia is atrocious. I can not bring myself to buy that figure. Chewbacca is awesome. Han and Greedo are both pretty good. Stormtrooper is a bit off. I am skipping Vader and going for the Bandai 1/12 scaler stuff for all hard armour characters and droids.

Did you see what they did to Leia Boushh? Because collectors complained about the Slave Leia and its scrawny size, they upscaled her to the point where now she is as tall as the Luke figure. It's always something! That looked like it was going to be a nice figure.

From the 6" line, I own:
Scout and Speeder Bike
Sandtrooper Orange
Standtrooper White
Boba Fett
Boba Fett (White) Walmart Exclusive
Bossk
TIE Pilot (looks great next to my EFX Studio scale TIE)
Luke X-Wing (looks great next to my EFX Studio scale X-Wing)
Han Solo
Greedo
R2-D2
Jabba

Huh... I didn't know I had so many. :wacko

The R2 and Jabba were bought reluctantly. As mentioned above, I got Jabba for under $14. it looks nice among the props. I got R2 because I heard C3PO was coming out and I just could not have C3PO without R2. The Bandai R2 model has been shown to be a good match for the 6" scale. So I am thinking of picking him up.

I would have got Chewbacca but the open mouth bothered me. I am hoping that maybe they come out with another version. Still would like a regular Stormtrooper.

One of my favorite figures is Greedo. Not sure why he is such a peg warmer.

So far I have the stormtrooper, I like him, his helmet looks a little too symmetrical to me, but overall he's pretty nice. Also got the sand trooper, my personal favorite, Obiwan, which as I said, required afacial repaint due to the disgusting paint job that used to be his eyes. Also made him a custom robe. The Obiwan though, he's on eBay now. Not much effort to fix a bad paint job.

If interested, I have the Jabba figure in a UNBOXED video on my YT page.

Also the Han Solo in Stormtrooper, Bossk, Boba Fett, Tie Fighter pilot in BOXED videos.

Last edited by a moderator:

One of my favorite figures is Greedo. Not sure why he is such a peg warmer.

He is just a good sculpt. He looks good and has plenty of details we would expect.

Not sure about the Boush either, especially if they made it taller now. If they made Leia short, then that is a good thing, she is supposed to be short. I just don't like the fact the her joins stick out like a sore thumb on the slave version. Barbie dating back to the late 70s had rubber skin over her knee joints. Am I asking too much here?

The 6" Black Series Stormtrooper just has a weird looking bucket. It is not even the symmetry, the whole shape is off.

Not sure why Chewie's mouth is open. And the hair is all over the place too. He was quite well groomed in ANH. He got scruffy by ROTJ and this version looks like a bit of all three. The part I like about him is, he is tall at almost 8". He is solid and quite heavy and has great articulation. He looks awesome when set up firing the bow-caster with both hands. With a slight bend to the knees, he looks like he is ready to take on the Empire.

He is just a good sculpt. He looks good and has plenty of details we would expect.

Not sure about the Boush either, especially if they made it taller now. If they made Leia short, then that is a good thing, she is supposed to be short. I just don't like the fact the her joins stick out like a sore thumb on the slave version. Barbie dating back to the late 70s had rubber skin over her knee joints. Am I asking too much here?

The 6" Black Series Stormtrooper just has a weird looking bucket. It is not even the symmetry, the whole shape is off.

Not sure why Chewie's mouth is open. And the hair is all over the place too. He was quite well groomed in ANH. He got scruffy by ROTJ and this version looks like a bit of all three. The part I like about him is, he is tall at almost 8". He is solid and quite heavy and has great articulation. He looks awesome when set up firing the bow-caster with both hands. With a slight bend to the knees, he looks like he is ready to take on the Empire.

Here is a good review go Boushh with many photos: http://thefwoosh.com/2015/04/hasbro-star-wars-black-series-boushh-leia-review

Hasbro-Star-Wars-Black-Series-Boushh-Leia-Comparison.jpg
Hasbro-Star-Wars-Black-Series-Boushh-Leia-Comparison-1.jpg

I think Chewbacca would look good in a display with the Luke and Han Trooper Disguise figures.

I would have like a Vader but something was off about his helmet.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back