New Star Wars Figures - The Black Series

I'll get a couple if they are decent quality. Most of my figs are in the 6" scale anyway, I like it best.

Guess it's to much to hope for a Play Arts style just scaled down.

poor 1st group, They should roll out groups

good guys

1.Luke
2. Han solo
3. Old Ben
4. punk @ss Yoda

Sith / bad group

1. Vader
2. Old man Crackle laugh palpatine
3. Maul
4. Fett

robots / side kicks

1. Trash can r2
2. cash for gold cp
3. Chewy
4. Colt 45..Billy Dee

Chicks / troops

1. Leia
2. Padme
3. strom trooper
4. Biker scout
5. Ewok

Jedi Temple Archives News: Hasbro Officially Informs Star Wars Fan Sites Of The Black Series
Official Hasbro Announcement

Rebelscum.com: Hasbro: Black Series Luke Skywalker In High Resolution
Hi-res pics

"Star Wars fans,

Yesterday, Hasbro's new line of collector-targeted Star Wars figures, Star Wars Black, was announced on USAToday.com, which will include both traditional 3.75-inch action figures and a brand-new scale, 6-inch figures. Hasbro is excited to now share with you its official photography for the first 6-inch Star Wars Black figure, X-Wing Pilot Luke Skywalker.

The official description for the 6-inch line is below:
STAR WARS ® BLACK SERIES 6-INCH ACTION FIGURES
(Approximate retail price: $19.99; Ages: 4 & up; Available: Fall 2013)

In 2013, Hasbro takes collectible STAR WARS action figures to the next level with the introduction of the BLACK SERIES action figure line! For the first time ever, Hasbro is introducing a 6-inch scale of the greatest characters from the STAR WARS universe. This exceptional collection of figures features incredibly accurate design and a high level of articulation. Each sold separately.

There will be 8 Star Wars Black Series 6-inch action figures available in 2013, with the first wave—Luke, R2-D2, Darth Maul and a Sandtrooper—hitting in August.

We look forward to sharing more details and images with you at Fan Media Day.

Sincerely,

Justin Aclin
On Behalf of Hasbro, Inc."

(Click to enlarge)

Star_Wars_Black_Series_Luke04.jpg

Last edited:
I got back into collecting the smaller figures a few years ago, but trying to find the latest releases over here in the uk is getting harder, these do look great, vader for me is a better choice than maul in a first wave,

I'm not quite so convinced looking at these pic's, that Luke doesn't look that much better than the OTC 3 3/4" Luke X-wing.
The paint on the right shoulder joint is already peeling off & I have issues with the scale accuracy when it comes to ship's & walkers :confused I would think the biggest toy's will likely be speeder's :confused

Does anyone know how big an X Wing would be to match these figures to scale??

I'll still probably pick up a sand trooper though :)

I'm not quite so convinced looking at these pic's, that Luke doesn't look that much better than the OTC 3 3/4" Luke X-wing.
The paint on the right shoulder joint is already peeling off
I am guessing this is a just a prototype and not the final product. I will still wait and I know they want to focus on the OT and sprinkle in some of the prequels. but lets at least get some of the main guys first.

You are correct, Amish Trooper. The problem is, that Hasbro's prototypes are hand-painted, with attention to detail that never ever makes it to the final product.

It will not look as good as this in hand.

Personally, I wish Hasbro would make some retro cloth Mego-style figures. But, that's just me.

The paint on the right shoulder joint is already peeling off & I have issues with the scale accuracy when it comes to ship's & walkers :confused I would think the biggest toy's will likely be speeder's :confused

Does anyone know how big an X Wing would be to match these figures to scale??

I'll still probably pick up a sand trooper though :)

I'm not going to swear to accuracy here, but a very quick internet search says an xwing is 12.5meters long (492 inches). If the figs are 6" tall, that's roughly 1/12 scale, so the xwing would be roughly 41" long.

I'm not going to swear to accuracy here, but a very quick internet search says an xwing is 12.5meters long (492 inches). If the figs are 6" tall, that's roughly 1/12 scale, so the xwing would be roughly 41" long.

I guess there will be no chance of a Falcon playset then :lol

Don't get me wrong, I've always loved big toy's but... :)

I guess there will be no chance of a Falcon playset then :lol

Don't get me wrong, I've always loved big toy's but... :)

I think i'd be very interested in an 7-8' diameter falcon....I have no clue where i'd put it or how i'd get in the house, but i'd be prety interested :)

OK, I have to admit...R2 and the Sandtrooper look pretty awesome. But there's something very unnerving about Darth Maul,heheheh :wacko

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back