U.S.S. Defiant Stainless Steel Mug

Hey RHBoyd-

Can you check your Enterprise mug for any company names or manufacturing info? I'm going to try to find mine too.

Thanks.

-Sarge

The bottom of the 1701E mug says...

ALADDIN INDUSTRIES
Nashville TN, 37210

do not microwave
Made in the USA

hope it's helpful...
-r.

Here's the scan from the Star Trek Encyclopedia I was talking about:
raktajino.jpg

Really looks to me like the Nissan mug with the top part modified to remove the threads.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kalkamel @ Dec 16 2006, 12:37 AM) [snapback]1379086[/snapback]</div>
Really looks to me like the Nissan mug with the top part modified to remove the threads.
[/b]

I think it was noted before but I wouldn't base anything off of the drawings that you find in the ST Encyclopedia. Most, if not all of the drawings in there were done with Illustrator or some other drawing program and are not actual pictures so many details are left off or have slight changes due to artistic freedom.

I'm in a rush today, but i found a couple stashes of the E-E style mugs on Froogle- One is Ace Hardware's website and the other is an ebay dealer with several lots. just search Froogle for aladdin stanley stainless mug. :)

-Sarge

Is it just me or does the insignia look... slanted? Like it's slightly skewed from left to right (parallelogram deform)

Good eye. It is slightly skewed. This was the graphic I asked the decal guy to use:
DEFIANTLOGO600_zpsc0d99527.jpg

For some reason, he redrew it and used his own font. :facepalm Oh well, I can always peel it off once I find better decals.

It looks like the letters might be a little wobbly too. He probably didn't want to try to make the letter borders work out.

Still, probably as good or better than the real prop, up close. :D

Hi,

any news where i actually can buy those mugs? I looked on every possible shop, but can't find it. Another problem is, I live in Austria and shipping could be an issue.

Hey guys, bumping this to first of all report that Doug Drexler posted a link to the actual file used for the mug's vinyl decal:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...007076104.1073742126.570346103&type=3&theater

Secondly, there's a guy on ebay who sells the vinyl decals for the Defiant, Enterprise-E and Voyager. Whilst his look amazing quality-wise, they didn't look exactly accurate, so I sent him the file from Doug Drexler, and he's going to print me a set. He asks that you message him which one you want when ordering, so know that he now has the correct file, just make sure you state that should you order some from him:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152100056416
Just in case anyone's wondering, no, it's not me. I'm in the UK, and this guy is in Tennessee. I literally just came across his listing on Friday, and thought some people might appreciate knowing that you can buy the Vinyl's ready made. :)

Thirdly, would anyone have any advice for me on how to remove the area I've circled in the picture below?

kDDhEqj.jpg

Mine doesn't have the Chinese writing on the outside (I'm guessing mine is the US version). It's not a simple sticker, and each letter is raised a little bit. I don't want to risk scratching the steel underneath - speaking of which, any advice on polishing it up would be greatly appreciated as well. I freely admit I'm more of a lurker around this place (admiring from a distance, and keeping my envy at bay!).
Any help/advice would be fantastic. :)

Hey guys, bumping this to first of all report that Doug Drexler posted a link to the actual file used for the mug's vinyl decal:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...007076104.1073742126.570346103&type=3&theater

Secondly, there's a guy on ebay who sells the vinyl decals for the Defiant, Enterprise-E and Voyager. Whilst his look amazing quality-wise, they didn't look exactly accurate, so I sent him the file from Doug Drexler, and he's going to print me a set. He asks that you message him which one you want when ordering, so know that he now has the correct file, just make sure you state that should you order some from him:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152100056416
Just in case anyone's wondering, no, it's not me. I'm in the UK, and this guy is in Tennessee. I literally just came across his listing on Friday, and thought some people might appreciate knowing that you can buy the Vinyl's ready made. :)

Thirdly, would anyone have any advice for me on how to remove the area I've circled in the picture below?

http://i.imgur.com/kDDhEqj.jpg

Mine doesn't have the Chinese writing on the outside (I'm guessing mine is the US version). It's not a simple sticker, and each letter is raised a little bit. I don't want to risk scratching the steel underneath - speaking of which, any advice on polishing it up would be greatly appreciated as well. I freely admit I'm more of a lurker around this place (admiring from a distance, and keeping my envy at bay!).

I would try nail Polish remover / acetone on a cotton swab initially. Just don't let it touch the plastic.

I gotta remember to keep checking Doug Drexler's FB... I used to be on his Drex Files site all the time for cool stuff like this. Maybe I should remind him he once said he'd look and see if he had any of the artwork for Quark's bottle labels...
I don't know about Quark's bottle labels, but there's absolutely loads of cool DS9 graphics in his album here:
https://www.facebook.com/doug.drexl...10152392007076104.1073742126.570346103&type=3

I'd love to have stickers of almost everything in that album! :)

Finally got the vinyls to finish my mug! :)

vsNvm6E.jpg

The vinyl was made using the file that Doug Drexler posted on Facebook (same one as the show). They were given to me by 'Bobatrek' on ebay - free, as I put him onto it. :D

EDIT: Just realised, I was the last person to post in this thread, so please accept my apology if I've broken any double-post/necro-bumping rules, was just excited to share a picture. :)

Attachments

• vsNvm6E.jpg
    vsNvm6E.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 165
Hey! New to the site and trying to repro the Defiant mug. Did anyone ever figure out how to remove the Thermos logo?

http://i.imgur.com/kDDhEqj.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back