White Power Ranger Project

XxLonewalkerxX

Alright guys, I've been lurking on here for a good couple of months now and after much studying i really want to get started on a white power ranger build.

for now i am just starting on the helmet, but i really want to get the right Pepakura file to start with it. yes i will bondo the helmet, but i cant seem to find a helmet file with the right amount of detail, or its just kind of an inverted design on the tiger.

ive found a couple files, but i really want to make the one for the show rather than the movie, but hey ill take what i get. maybe ill build both and choose between the two. lol

anyway the first file i found was on this thread. they said it belong to "Eye of Sauron".
http://www.therpf.com/f24/green-white-ranger-helmet-please-help-173085/

this is the movie version of the helmet. i really like it alot, but its missing the eyes and ears of the tiger. i know those can easily be sculpted on, but also the head of the tiger isnt really raised above the helmet. its more like the detail goes inwards. i was thinking of using sticky craft foam and tracing the design to lay it on top, then fiberglass seal it, but i just need to know if there is a better alternative.

The second file i found was on Propzone, but viewing their file i kinda see the design just drawn on the template. id rather avoid spending the $15 for a file i wouldnt even want to use.

the third one i found was on a website called something like "thehiddenarmory" or "thecostumearmory" or something like that. unfortunately their website is now some advertising site and i cant get back to the file.

anyways the goal i want to achieve is a helmet looking like these

Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-1993-movie-props.jpg

WC09WhtRngr.jpg

This is exactly how i want my costume to look like^

Im not too sure if these are actually castings of the original helmet, but the closest i could get to that look, the better.

To long, didnt read? :unsure

Basically, i want to achieve a helmet looking exactly like the pictures ive posted above. where can i find a pep file that best suits this exact look? Yes, i will do foam/bondo work to add detail, but i need a really good starting file that most closely resembles the TV shows white ranger.

Yes, i have experience with pepakura and making costumes. ive made a master chief suit before, and now i want to practice using bondo before i start a big project for an event in july. Please help me out. :)

also, heres a picture of my master chief suit. :)

379597_4025842135694_242267554_n.jpg

224348_455967367770473_871102269_n.jpg

378207_10151182684757594_1546087126_n.jpg

Any and all help would be appreciated! Thanks guys! I am %100 determined to do this, Please push me in the right direction!

I have the file from ThePrintableArmory, but I don't want to share it unless I can get the owner's permission.

It's a shame that site shut down, it was one of the best repositories out there.

So if you can get Dung0Beetle's permission (I believe he was the owner of that site) I will post the file...though if you get his permission, you might as well just ask if he'd send it to you.

Good luck.

-Nick

I really like the interest in mmpr on this board! Sure, go check out rangerboard, but keep us updated too! I would honestly look at getting a kit helmet from eric101 on rangerboard. It is going to be far easier than pepping, plus the finished piece will more accurate. There is a good tutorial on making the sheild I posted on someone elses build thread, I will see if I can find it for you.

Been thinking about doing a 'couples' ranger costume. Green for myself and Pink for my girlfriend. Look forward to seeing how your suit turns out, your MC suit looks pretty good so it shouldn't be beyond the scope of your abilities.

The helmet that you posted is actually a cast from the original stunt helmet. Your best bet is to aquire one from eric0101 on Rangerboard or even through Aniki (another famous Ranger costume/prop maker). A raw kit will usually run you between $120-150.

The second pic you posted is of a guy named Barrie. The costume he is wearing is the actual White Ranger (Kiba) stunt suit. He lived in Japan for many years and actually possess majority of the actual sentai suits. So that's why his suit looks so good! haha

Good luck to you. If you need more help, rangerboard will be the place to go or even the facebook group called "facebook rangers".

I had theprintablearmorys file but it's on my old computer which was being fixed, but turns out its had it's run so Itll be a bit before I can get the memory out with the file. It would be great If you could get it to me somehow. I mean, he gave it out for free before. Idk but sure I'll try the ranger board, and if I get some progress pictures going I'll update this thread for you guys.

Yeah, I could see that being the actually stunt suit. I'm going to try to get as close to that as I can. I just need access to files

And I purposely am making this instead of buying a cast because one of y hobbies is cosplaying for conventions, so I can't really enter a costume contest with a "commissioned" costume, even though it would ônly be the helmet. Lol but that and the shield is basically the costume.

Also, welmanshire if you could kindly link me to that tutorial for the shield I'd really appreciate that. I have an idea of what materials to use, especially referencing STEALTHs speed build, I am just worried on measurements and it looking either too wide, too long, or too short. I'm really picky about these things (that's why I love pep do much, even though scaling is pretty challeging as well)
There's not a single white ranger shield file anywhere. :/

Theres a video of a guy modifying the printable armorys file on YouTube and it looks amazing. He adds the eyes, and separates the tiger detail altogether from the helmet so it can be traced onto sticky foam.
I have an idea of how I can mimic that, but I need to get that file back. :/

Kiba Shield Tutorial - RangerBoard - There you go. I might suggest getting a starlight studios chest coin off ebay for the shield. They are good quality. I haven't looked at that shield tut for ages, but from memory because of the shape lf it, you can cover eva foam in black pleather.

Hey thanks for that tutorial. I like how Stealths chest came out though. ill try using references from both to work something out

i just really need that printable armory file. turns out i checked the memory of my old computer and its not even on there anymore. the file i have now is for the movie version. :/

I tried signing up for the rangerboard but they dont allow yahoo or hotmail emails. my microsoft email is my yahoo, and aol doesnt even work either.

i just really want to start on this helmet already. ive been motivated for the last 2 weeks to make it yet i dont even have the file to start.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back