Cheap and Easy Film Cell Backlit Display (mine is BTTF) *Template Added*

Re: Cheap and Easy Film Cell Backlit Display (mine is BTTF)

Pobbrett was right. Just fill in black for whatever cells you want hidden during that time.

for instance:

36eb35c9ebc43c415948072654c30079.JPG

This is the digital file for that shot

ec64e3dcf81fef2b3d975fbc098f42cf.jpg

ok i see
so you measured it out and put in the exact measurement on your jpeg pictures.

whats the size of the entire screen?
looks amazing!

im going to give this one a go!

ok i see
so you measured it out and put in the exact measurement on your jpeg pictures.

whats the size of the entire screen?
looks amazing!

im going to give this one a go!

The screen size is 7" which is perfect to sit on a shelf. I went with the Sylvania model (link to the model I bought on walmart's website is in my original post) because it was cheap and looked to be easily dismantled, which it was.

If you end up going with that model I'd be happy to post a template for the matte you'd need to make which would save you some time. It displays five 35mm cells.

Wow thats really neat! Ill pick up some of these next time i see them on clearance for similar displays!

That's brilliant, simple yet very very effective, right, time to buy me some film cells!!! Nice work:thumbsup

I'll be adding a template to this thread tomorrow for anyone interested in making their own.

annnnd of course I forgot to bring the frame with me to work today to scan it and make the template...I set a reminder with Siri to bring it tomorrow..

The template has been added to the bottom of the original post! I hope you guys can use it. I am looking forward to seeing what themes you guys do with yours.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back