Silhouette Cameo issues (different problems)

dosman23

Hey guys,

So my wife got a silhouette for xmas, and I have wanted to use it to get back into pep. I have the tamasoft viewer for the cameo, and just for the life of me I cannot get the controller to open. It keeps telling me that it has no communication. Am I missing something completely easy? I have the install disc that came with the cutter, so I have drivers available if needed. I have tried adding it as a new printer to no avail. I had read as many threads as I could ahead of time, and thought I had it down.

Thanks

Dos

Did you run the install on the disc before plugging the Cameo usb cord into the computer? If you didn't, windows probably assigned a generic printer driver to it. With it unplugged, try finding it in Device Manager and uninstalling the driver, then running the install disc.

Grimm, thank you very much for that. I removed the device and loaded the driver straight from the disc. I then tried my test cutting page and Viola!! success. Thanks again.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back