Knight Rider

WIggy

Hi Guys,

Newbie here who has lurked for quite a while, some of your collections are amazing !

Anyway I'm looking for anything Knight Rider related. If anyone knows of anything going or where I might be able to find anything please let me know

Many thanks

Craig

Last edited:
Well I own this .......

Kift1_zps6c265db1.jpg

Kift6_zps9eae76ed.jpg

I own a number of screen used Knight Rider props and I'm also the webmaster of Knight Rider Historians. You can find pictures of a number of original props there. I will be updating it soon.

Prop Collector - I'd love to have an offline chat with you regarding KR.

Joe

Hey guys - wow - great contacts to make here! Prop - WOW..what more can be said!! And Firebird, I've admired your site and info for a number of years now! WOW! Great to know that you're both members here!

a friend of mine just aquired a screen worn security jacket worn as a disguise by the Hoff in the opening episode of the series I think...

I can chime in here. My father in law used to have two of the cars from 2008 - one stunt and the other a hero I'm guessing. The stunt was on a gimble and was gutted while the hero was pretty snazzed out and for some reason smelled like Lucky Charms (no kidding). When I get down to Vegas next time I'll snap some pics - The Viper from the tv show Viper is there too.

I'm the owner of the original Chemical Analyzer used on the insert dash in seasons 3 and 4 of the series. In fact, I purchased it years ago from the person who owns the Knight 4000 pictured above.

061704a.jpg

This picture is several years old, and in 2011 Michael Scheffe, who designed it, saw it and was shocked because he had never seen it used in the series, and said it looked exactly as he drew it.

It currently has a driver board inside the base it's mounted on that lights up the LED's and maked the 10 element bar trace as it did on screen. The original lanyard that allowed the off screen tech to open the lid "by remote" is still attached.

Last edited:
I also own the last KITT model to come out of Jack Sessums shop before he passed. He stopped letting them out of his possesion because people would ask for them as gifts and then they would turn around and sell them for a profit... it took quite a bit to convince him to sell this one to me. According to him it is probably the one thrown from the helicopter on a parachute and/or the one used in the closeup shot of KITT landing on the ground in "Goliath Returns" since it has holes in the rocker panels and corresponding wire abrasions in the paint

I have photos of him with this model just before he boxed it and shipped it to me.

BKITT1.jpg

Check this out - I never knew that this one actually existed - from the Dezer Museum in Miami, FL. (not taken by me):

img185418.jpg

img185918.jpg

img186018.jpg

img186118.jpg

And the convertible:

img186518.jpg

img187218.jpg

img187118.jpg

Yes there where only 3 cars made for the film. My #1 hero car. From my car a mold was made and another driving car was made so it was the #2 car. Then a body was made and put on top of a boat so that the car could drive on water. Then there was a half of a car made for all the interior shots that had David H driving that showed the special effects dash. I use to own that half of car as well but sold it and kept the working dash and put it in my #1 car. No other cars where made and used in that movie.

Was the #2 car the one that was used in the CHIPS reunion movie?

chips99.jpg

And then later repainted black and white as a police car?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back