Daryl Dixon Walking dead

joshspiderman23

Sr Member
So Ive seen a few threads around on the boards for walking dead, Iv decided to undergo mimicking daryl dixon's look from season 2 specifically the farm wardrobe. big shout out to feezle, I took his initial findings and combined it with my own research.

so got a side laced leather vest, by lucky brand below is an example of what im aiming for.
274.jpg

tumblr_m0g2htjFQ21qd6hb0.png

TWD_212_1102_0361.jpg

I was reading the forums on film jackets and what they found was that its a corduroy jacket. so that begun my research on the style, I first though it would be a vintage western shirt, because of the angles, but after searching countless companies I couldnt find anything that fit, I went back to the original Idea of corduroy but the blue was to blue weather indigo, dark wash, vintage or other. so knowing that most films are filtered I turned to grey, luckily I stumbled upon a lucky brand corduroy jacket that I think with a similar filter pulls off the right look. I still have to weather both the vest and the slightly darken the corduroy, any tips on corduroy weathering??

heres the lucky jacket and vest
8414857417_afa471f755.jpg

8415953828_8af437b142.jpg

8415351045_d6f721f15a.jpg

I think the photos color looks blue even though in real light its completely grey, the buttons/placement even matches, going to attempt the wings sometime this weekend, anytips on weathering the corduroy would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Last edited:
Awesome! Can you pm me a link to the jacket you bought? I like my vintage but it is falling apart a bit.

If you need wings, I have some extras from the vest run I'm doing.

for anyone wanting a ref to the under jacket heres a brand pic
8418459110_3a999a7532_n.jpg

I dont think this style is in circ, anymore so youll have to hit up your local thrift or even ebay to see if you can find one.

went ahead using screen caps from the show, feezles wings and did my own rendition free handed. I think I F*d up the bottom trying to be to flowy with my curves, might try one more crack at it.

8440874445_8bb8893063.jpg

(example pic- left ) (mine- middle) (feezle's-right)

Last edited:
Perspective in that picture is off. Keep in mind that he took the photo from above. It makes the wings look shorter and fatter than they are. A lot of people design their wings off that pic and have that problem. Get a screencap of Daryl's back when they are in Hershel's house discussing Randall (Judge, Jury, and Executioner) and use that for basic shape reference. The use this pic for details. Aside from that it looks really good!

One other minor thing that I have also seen others do because of this pic is mess up the upper left corner. The feather should stick out a bit like on mine. On the reference pic it is bent over.

Fixed the proportions alot on the wings, heres my last attempt, Still have to beat the seal on in it and fade the fabric but I think it looks good, I really like how the jean frays
Took your notes feezle, left top corner has been arched out and bent over, fixed the ovaling shape and stubby ness,
8462366406_d60809bfab.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back