Doctor Strange

Tom Hardy is awful. How does he suddenly put on all that size for his movies and then he "magically" goes back to normal. Oh that's right, he has gamma radiation in his blood.

He definitely is. Plus, after Bane I really do believe he shouldn't play any comic book characters just because he did it horrible there.

I like Hardy and Cumberbatch but I don't see these being their roles. Wonder if Marvel is just using the rumormill on these 2 to negotiate with someone they really want.

I really want them to get the visual effects right.
I'd like to see Ditko and Brunner's visuals realized faithfully.
Magicks in the movies are either completely corporeal (e.g. shapeshifting, summoning effects) or a complete lightshow (energy beams, "fireworks").
Dr. Strange's magic is visually represented with shapes and forms comprised of "spiritual" energy which appears almost organic - like nothing you'd experience in nature... (the very definition of supernatural, in fact).
I would be heartbroken if Dr. Strange just shot energy beams ... or if they "Harry Potterized" him.
Dr. Strange has great potential.
Either do it right or not at all.

I know who my first choice is :p
ee2c37f7569b1bfb9dff255427bcc3e1.jpg

I don't know. I have a bad feeling about Joaquin Phoenix. Not in the sense that he's not good for the role, but that he may bring a demoralizing element to the film. He's just come off as an actor who wouldn't give a crap about taking part in this kind of movie, let alone a franchise.

If Marvel can get Phoenix to sign a multi-picture deal, they deserve a pat on the back. Earlier on I would've thought that'd be the deal breaker, but apparently they're showing him something he likes. I think contractually Marvel is going to try to retain some degree of creative control (obviously) so if Phoenix gets too artsy, they can always fall back on that, but as we all know oftentimes creatives just don't give a damn about a written contract. Marvel and RDJ have been able to work really well together though, and he strikes me as a bit of a diva, so who knows. If Phoenix has a reputation of being difficult to work with (perhaps like a repeat of Ed Norton), I'm sure Marvel wouldn't have gone this far with him.

Somehow I think they will still manage to scrape a profit in that event.

So you have no problem with Paul Rudd as Ant Man?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back