Doctor Strange

marvel-premiere-3-detail.jpg

Hey man we had Starlord pull off a dance off, that could have went bad easily, delivering this line should be easy. It could even be used in a joking way....

-Why don't you say something cool while spellcasting like Harry Potter?

-OK..... (says the line) That better?
Big laugh.

Last edited:
All I've learned about Dr Strange I is only what I've read in Toyfair's TTT....

That being said, I'm quickly becoming a fan lol. My daughter saw the trailer this evening and I can tell that he and Wanda will be her favorite Marvel characters(she loved the Scarlet Witch in AoU).

I hope they use this as a springboard for stuff like Ghost Rider,I liked the last versions of that but it can be done better.

And I'm happy with this film,want to see it.

I will confess that the only thing I recall seeing Cumberbatch in was Into the Darkness and I wasn't at all impressed. When they announced him for this film I knew he could pull off the look but I had some reservations about his performance. Here, even in this trailer, he has shown more range and depth. When he's in his astral form the look of genuine awe he has is really superb. I'm impressed.

Has anyone mentioned how awesome it is to see Chiwetel E (?) playing his Serenity role again? :D
You know, he wasn't great for me in Serenity, actually. Something seemed a little forced in his performance. But, somehow, he seems well suited for Baron Mordo.

While you can understand their move from a financial point of view it also just shows what a world we live in. Not something i was a fan of with the casting but its just a minor thing in what otherwise can be a good movie.

Case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

No matter what background they gave the character, one group or another would throw a hissy fit. They could have gone status quo, but then they'd risk a certain country banning it out right. So, you can't win no matter what you do.

Case of damned if you do, damned if you don't.

No matter what background they gave the character, one group or another would throw a hissy fit. They could have gone status quo, but then they'd risk a certain country banning it out right. So, you can't win no matter what you do.

Yep. Even if they had made the Ancient One entirely astral form, you would have the comic book crowd at large screaming that it isnt the same as the comic etc.

I'm with you. Keep the visuals Ditko style from the comics. I always loved that look. I too was disappointed by the Inception style visual effects. I hope it's just early days and the alternate dimension visuals aren't ready yet.

I'm disappointed that I didn't love the teaser trailer more, but I'm still very bullish on this project, and can't wait to see more fully formed graphics. They've still got a half a year to make this amazing.

I didn't care much for the inception-style stuff as much either. I've got to believe they will honor the visuals of the comic (which are integral to the design) but are just holding them back for upcoming trailers. I want to see semi-corporeal objects. I want to see spells that cast forms in light like ribbon-tendrils or orbs (c.f. ditko).

I want to see this stuff:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_rLV-ZuNPw...Dys/v2QtHnFYIOY/s400/Strange+Tales+127-22.jpg

http://www.littlestuffedbull.com/images/comics/feb66/strangetales141doc.jpg

It sounds petty but I kinda wish they kept his astral self blue instead of making it yellow.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back