Gears of war lancer

ecmuniz2

I've been working on this for a little while but still far from finishing. It's all made out of mdf wood. Different thickness for different looks. Still need a lot of work! Has a working trigger and removable clip. Any feedback is welcomed!

Looks great! Big GoW fan and cant wait to make that myself.
Any chance you have blueprints or measurements? Cheers

Looks great! Big GoW fan and cant wait to make that myself.
Any chance you have blueprints or measurements? Cheers

I agree with Yonih, any chance of sharing some templates/ patterns, so that the rest of us can attempt to build this awesome gun???

Please?

SWEET i have 3 of the gold neca ones that i have to spray when the weather gets better,very well done,i love working with mdf it's so versatile,once its sealed it hold paint really well

Looks flipp'n awesome ...I made my lancer out of mdf also....I hollowed out the
Center of mine to cut down on the weight, along with hollow ammo clip...helped alot.

I don't have any blueprints. What i did was look online for a picture of it then blew it up. Went to fed ex and had them print it to where it was 3 feet long. Then I had a reference picture that was to the scale I wanted. Worked out pretty good.

Looks flipp'n awesome ...I made my lancer out of mdf also....I hollowed out the
Center of mine to cut down on the weight, along with hollow ammo clip...helped alot.

That's a great idea. I didn't think of the weight issue untill I was further in to the project, to late to hollow =( but maybe if it's not too pricey I can cast a mold piece and it will be waaaaayyyy lighter. I'm 6'3" and the weight is not horrible for a 220lb guy but I can't say I'd wanna carry the thing around all night! Do you have pictures of your lancer up? Would love to see them...

9802-dsci0200.jpg

I don't have any blueprints. What i did was look online for a picture of it then blew it up. Went to fed ex and had them print it to where it was 3 feet long. Then I had a reference picture that was to the scale I wanted. Worked out pretty good.

which picture did you use for this? could you link it or some such?

removable *Magazine*
Great work tho. I really want to start working with MDF. Is there any good tuts on how to get this great detail?

which picture did you use for this? could you link it or some such?

I just did a google image search and found the 3d version I liked and used that one. You can use any that you like as long as you have a few good reference pictures you can make it!

removable *Magazine*
Great work tho. I really want to start working with MDF. Is there any good tuts on how to get this great detail?

I don't know of any tutorials for it, but honestly it's not that hard, just very time comsuming. Just use the refrence pic and layer the wood piece by piece. Takes a while but it works. If you want to do it faster you can use foam too, I did it to build a hammerburst: http://www.therpf.com/f9/gears-war-hammerburst-174714/

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back