MCM London Comic Con October 2013

MCMExpoGroup

MCM London Comic Con attracts over 70,000 people to the event each May and October

Continuing our association with the RPF and the mutual aupport between us and you.

We would just like to highlight the following event for 2013:

MCM London Comic Con
ExCeL London
25th, 26th & 27th October 2013

www.londonexpo.com

We look forward to seeing members there this year

Any questions please email: info@mcmexpo.net

FACEBOOK GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/35517615269/
TWITTER: http://www.twitter.com/MCMExpo
YOUTUBE: MCMExpo Group - YouTube

Had a pretty good time at this May Expo and I'm already looking forward to October, got my hotel booked already and I'm planning my costumes already too :)

kinda disappointed my iron man suit got wrecked this weekend...
That sucks, what happened to it? I saw a fair few Iron Man suits this weekend which one were you?

Did you see the MASSIVE foam hulk on Saturday? Was with a full set of avengers? That was us...
Bits just fell off and the paint wouldn't stick! Got to repaint it all and keep it for display only...

Hey, im a prop maker going to MCM this year, never been before and have no idea what to expect!! Loads of my friends are cosplayer's and are going this year, going to be making a full costume for the first time (mainly just make guns etc for jobs).. Thinking of doing a Fallout cosplay, like a raider/ wastelander as i made a laser rifle last year for someone and started building a new one. What do people think, good idea, done too much? Opinions grateful! XD

kinda disappointed my iron man suit got wrecked this weekend...

I had to fix mine 3 times - people keep knocking my armguard off!
Also the magnets on my faceplate keeps coming off too - does anyone have any good ways to glue magnets onto fiberglass without it coming off?

DSC_0859.JPG

I was worried about the crush of people and I didn't have sophisticated armour. It makes me worry seeing as I intend to do my first build for the next October MCM. What sort of damages can we expect and what kind of materials and bonding materials did you use? I'd like to guage how likely I am to be armourless. ;)

Well, I use camping mats. my arm guard was ripped off a couple times but they do have hot glue in the cosplay area for some quick fix. My magnets did come off a few times too because I keep taking the face mask off. I shall see you then!

ps. never wear it to pubs as some people show no respect for your suit at all! mine didnt get trashed but i did have to man handle a couple people!

Hi Kenny,

I met a guy at Comic Con who asaid he used camping mats. I was the Tron guy - wondering if that was you? if so do you have any photos of me? I have a couple of you if you want them.

all the best
Sean

Hi Kenny,

I met a guy at Comic Con who asaid he used camping mats. I was the Tron guy - wondering if that was you? if so do you have any photos of me? I have a couple of you if you want them.

all the best
Sean

Hey dude! thats me :) I didn't manage to get any pictures at all! I barely got in the expo haha. Any pictures would be great! I can't seem to find any :(

Hey dude! thats me :) I didn't manage to get any pictures at all! I barely got in the expo haha. Any pictures would be great! I can't seem to find any :(

Sadly I don't remember seeing your armour there. I saw a couple of Iron Man suits, and a War Machine, but they were probably fibreglassed or vacuum moulded. I did get a photo of me with an Iron Man just as I was leaving (3rd from last image) but I'm fairly certain that wasn't you.

My congratulations go out to anyone who survived the whole day inside wearing full armour, because dang, was it toasty in there!

Sadly I don't remember seeing your armour there. I saw a couple of Iron Man suits, and a War Machine, but they were probably fibreglassed or vacuum moulded. I did get a photo of me with an Iron Man just as I was leaving (3rd from last image) but I'm fairly certain that wasn't you.

My congratulations go out to anyone who survived the whole day inside wearing full armour, because dang, was it toasty in there!

Ahh well that's not me. I think I was the tallest one there lol. I will be going to the May comic con with my slight improved iron man suit! Come say hi if you get a chance :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back