Wild Wild West (TV) James West Costume - Complete

Re: WIP - Wild Wild West (TV) James West Costume

Looks great to me. I have a light blue suit and would like to get a corduroy costume made. What was the fabric you purchased at JoAnn? Do you have an order number or a complete description?

Love the jim west outfit, I was going to make the same outfit, could you help me? When I order on line,at jo ann fabric, could you help me, in getting the right blue corduroy fabric for the jacket, what number of code or the right color and fabric to asks for plus I'm going to use? Since you did awesome job, please get back with me, also tips on the pants,as well, housemanje

Freakin' sweet. I love Wild Wild West. Hey, now you can run around saying wildly sexist things and women will just fall all over you, right? That's how it worked on the show anyway.

could you help me, in getting the right blue corduroy fabric for the jacket, what number of code or the right color and fabric to asks for plus I'm going to use? housemanje

Sorry housemanje, I missed this- (The costume forums go by so fast these days!)

Here is what I ordered:

Jo Ann Item #: 10465920 4.5W MEDIEVAL BLUE CORD

You can PM me with any questions- I'll notice that sooner! For the pants I used stretch denim, made them super high waisted, and very tight....

Thanks, Rambler! I can try the comments, but it might annoy the wife... (Actually though, at WonderCon, people, and by people I mean younger women, did look at me differently when I was dressed as James West, than when I wore other costumes. I think it's a combination of the hat and the crazy-tight pants...)

Thanks, Rambler! I can try the comments, but it might annoy the wife... (Actually though, at WonderCon, people, and by people I mean younger women, did look at me differently when I was dressed as James West, than when I wore other costumes. I think it's a combination of the hat and the crazy-tight pants...)

Haha, yeah I think those tight pants were Jim's not so secret trick.

Thank you buddy, one more favor, where can I sewing pattern for jacket and pants? To cut out for patterns? Thanks again, je

- - - Updated - - -

PS:Correction, I mean, were can I find,the patterns? My bad, je

One more thing, did you make the chaps? If you did?Can we see the photo on this web page! Of the whole outfit, that would be cool! Je

PS:I've try pm you on yahoo messager? But I would like to chat with you about maybe,helping me with the jim west outfit? housemanje

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry housemanje, I missed this- (The costume forums go by so fast these days!)

Here is what I ordered:

Jo Ann Item #: 10465920 4.5W MEDIEVAL BLUE CORD

You can PM me with any questions- I'll notice that sooner! For the pants I used stretch denim, made them super high waisted, and very tight....

How can I pm you? housemanje

Very cool I missed this earlier but found it while looking for the belt buckle.

They must have made a lot of those pistol grips. Clint Eastwood used them in Rawhide and his films.

Just found this forum and this entry- I have been working up a Jim West costume for over a year- and I have to say hats off to you- your is outstanding, I can offer a suggestion on where to find chaps that are pretty close to those worn in the show-- I stumbled upon them after a rather long search--

Right! I've done a couple of costume upgrades recently, because, well, upgrades!

First off, I've completely remade my sleeve gun. I saw some photos of the screen used versions, and they were nicer and simpler than my previous attempt. So here is the Mk.II: Still not %100 screen accurate, but much closer!

Here you can see the activation lever- Mine is made from kydex:

I'm still not sure I can actually fit it under the jacket sleeve and have it work...

More importantly, the one big missing part of this outfit is now included- the chaps:

They are not real leather, (neither were the screen used ones!) but upholstry vinyl.

With the appropriate buckle in the back:
Also pictured is my slight improvement to the home made suspenders.

Once the weather cools off a bit more, I should be able to get some photos of the entire ensemble!

Excellent! This really brings back memories. I remember watching this show (in syndication, I'm not that old!) with my dad when I was a wee lad!

Any plans to do an Artemus Gordon? :)

Great work. I am an amateur sewist, and your photos and ingenuity are inspiring.

Very cool work! I make custom dress shirts for myself but I can't imagine the amount of work that goes into making a jacket and pants. I'm sure my patterns would be all messed up if I attempted such an endeavor.

Missed this the first time around.

Always a treat to watch you do your magic!!!

Thanks Pat & Ruddigger!

I wouldn't call this 100% done yet (I may still make the chaps) but I did get to wear it to WonderCon in Anaheim this year:

I would love to know if you have the pattern you used for this. I am wanting to make this jacket for my husband for his birthday coming up soon. In saw your post about the fabric. Great job and such an authentic looking outfit. Very impressive.

I would love to know if you have the pattern you used for this.

Thanks, sewit! I made the patterns from scratch-so they are great if you are Felgacarb-sized, not as useful if not...

Since we have some cooler weather, I finally managed to get a few photos of the whole thing together with the new chaps.

Here begins the cheesy photoshops!

Just minding my own business....

Wrong Train...

Bang! Bang!

Thanks for looking!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back