Tron Legacy 16" Tonner dolls. Quorra & Gem

I think that those would be much cooler if they were made by Hot Toys, then they'd look less Barbie like and more like the actual characters.

They are cool if you are a Tron fan. I guess it would depend on the price? How much are they?
$140-180 a pop.

Quorra's hair is all wrong and have you seen the "Sam Flynn" and "Kevin Flynn" Tonner dolls? OMG!...no! hahah

There is a guy (Spenser) on Sideshowcollectors that does some exquisite customs if you are interested in "dolls" per se.

tronflynn01.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought Sideshow would be great too but they haven't done much with Tron. Sideshow is too busy releasing every single Star Wars character, no matter how much screen time they had. The Tonner dolls definately look more like "dolls" in the classic sense, I'll give you that. These are the only character versions I've seen of anyone other than Sam Flynn (there's a 1/6 Sam with Lightcycle out there). Those customs are awesome. How much does Spenser charge for a custom?

I think he was charging $200 a piece. Which for the quality that he produces, is a deal.

If my GF was into Tron as much as I am, I would prolly buy her a Tonner. But she isn't...not yet. muhwahahahhaahahah

I think he was charging $200 a piece. Which for the quality that he produces, is a deal.

If my GF was into Tron as much as I am, I would prolly buy her a Tonner. But she isn't...not yet. muhwahahahhaahahah
I've never heard of Tonner until today. Do their collectibles increase in value? Is it worth buying to store for resale down the road? Ebay has the Tron dolls for 89.99 and some places want up to 179.99. I noticed Tonner has the Harry Potter license as well.

I'm not sure about Tonner collectibility. I hadnt heard of them until early last year when I saw their Tron 82 Kevin Flynn.

You mean this Ken doll in a Tron uniform? At least Gem and Quorra look like Beau Garrett and Olivia Wilde. This guy doesn't even slightly resemble Jeff Bridges! It's literally 100% off. Lol

Last edited:
yeah...thats the one. Made me cringe when I first saw it...then I saw Sam and I got nauseated.

Sam-Flynn-Tron-Legacy-Tonner-Doll.png

That's seriously horrible and no way would I pay anything close to $180 for that monstrosity. It looks like something from an episode of Robot Chicken, in fact, just paste some paper mouths on it and they could use it without any further mods.

This company's stuff look like cheap Chinese knockoffs or someone's homemade clothing projects on generic dolls.

Hot Toys are a bit of a stretch for me. The first Hot Toys Black Widow was a doll. These are flat out dolls. I think Hot Toys stopped their Tron Legacy line. They might be able to make a good Quorra and Gem. The hair is the tipping point for me. The Hot Toys Avengers Black Widow is really dependent on how the released version's hair looks. Sideshow still hasn't released their version of Quorra. That will probably be the best one unless they mess up the likeness.

Having seen some of the Tonner licensed characters now I think it's safe to say that they are aiming to compete with Mattel's Barbie movie characters (female market) and not Sideshow Toys (male market). Here's the Tonner booth at Toy Fair 2012 with Avatar, Tron, Pirates Of The Caribbean and some DC superheroes....Honestly, the Avatar figures look really good but man do I think that movie is overrated.
Toy Fair 2012 - Tonner - YouTube

Hot Toys are a bit of a stretch for me. The first Hot Toys Black Widow was a doll. These are flat out dolls. I think Hot Toys stopped their Tron Legacy line. They might be able to make a good Quorra and Gem. The hair is the tipping point for me. The Hot Toys Avengers Black Widow is really dependent on how the released version's hair looks. Sideshow still hasn't released their version of Quorra. That will probably be the best one unless they mess up the likeness.

Are you talking about this Black Widow?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back