Judge Dredd Pads( HELP ) Shoulder Pads Mounting Techniques

chris01

Hey guys! Im almost finishing assembling the two parts of my Dredd shoulder pads. Im looking for idea, and sugestions for the mounting on the jacket! I downloaded a pic just to give you an idea on what i want. Please any help would very welcome!

Thanks Judges!

What's the shoulder pad made of and how heavy is it ?
If its very light you could use Velcro stitched to the jacket and glued to the armour .

On my comic version I did a few years back it was pretty heavy so I had to bolt it through the leather and have a plate inside the jacket .

Velcro its good. The piece will be ligth, i will put the resin with 3 coats inside and outside. It wont be heavy this i know. Actually i was thinking on some technique to move my arms freely. But i guess velcro is my first option.

Re: Judge Dredd( HELP ) Painting techniques!!!

This is my last update, i finished assembling the parts of the left and rigth armor of my comic version Dredd. Still a few parts are left to touch! But the atention is now on the paint job. I dont know wether paint them YELLOW or GOLD. But since in the comics the armor is just yellow ill be going in that direction. If anyone has a sugestion on doing a good paint job on this it will be most welcome!

Yep definately gold , have seen a yellow one done and it doesn't look right in the real world.

Get them prepped and sanded and just use automotive car paints , grey primer and then gold. You could even clear laquer them after depending on how deep a shine your looking to achieve .

Be careful with the clear lacquer though... some may "plastify" the metallic shine on most metal paints. Bright Aluminum for example turns to a sickly plastic silver when clear lacquered over.

Re: Judge Dredd COSPLAY Progress( HELP ) VISOR! MORE PICS OF MY PROGRESS!

Here is my last progress on my cosplay! I need help on where can i get a visor for my helmet! Thanks! Sugestions are very welcome!

well.. you're doing the comic version... you could try and replicate the way I did my own visor.

I bought a face shield, one of those cheap one's in home depot. I cut it in 2 (the 2 the same length but one is less wider than the other) and removed the plastic coverings (the greenish flimsy and the clear flimsy) that the main shield comes with

I glued the main (bigger one) one to the helmet and the smaller one what I did was to stretch a pantyhose over it to the very limits of it's stretching capabilities and then I added glue (superbonder-flex) to the borders. Once dry I cut around the borders where I had glued the fabric to the plastic and removed the extra fabric. I only allowed one side with the fabric. I then glued this back visor behind the main one making sure I left a line of main visor untouched on the low end for the comic trasparent line where you can see the judge's nose.

DSC06116_zps4888b5c0.jpg

DSC06115_zps6d0b761a.jpg

DSC06110_zps27645039.jpg

DSC06109_zps3173505c.jpg

hope that helps

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back