Raimi Spiderman costume

Alfoe92

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, Some guy has offered to sell me a spiderman costume for quite cheap, but i'm suspecting it's a scam. Any idea of the source of this costume http://s2.postimage.org/aidr9le49/mrbombtube.jpg and whether you know who it belongs to/made by? He's selling for 300 and whilst i've seen better costumes that's still a crazy low price for a dye sub costume.

Wow. That is definitely a nice suit. I totally understand your concern. Where is he selling it? ebay, craigslist, here on the junkyard? you know what they say, is it's too good to be true, it probably is.

That's an OVDH's costume (Ollie from Germany). Who is offering it to you? I can tell you right now, it is probably a scam like you said if they say they only want $300 for it. Unless it's totally ruined, it would never go for that low. Here's mine by the same maker:

photo.jpg

I remember that picture from the superherohype forums but I don't remember the user...I'm sure I could dig it up or if you tell he who is it that's contacting you maybe it'll ring a bell.

Yeah, that's my worry. He's selling it from youtube. If it was on Ebay or here I'd be more confident, but something smells a little fishy to me. Hopefully someone might be able to shed some light onto the situation. It'd be a shame to miss out on a bargain but My spidey sense is telling me it's a scam!

Thanks guys. He also sent this pic - http://s2.postimage.org/65f7r65dl/mrbombtube_2.jpg
His username on youtube is Mrbombtube can't find another on google about him. There's comments on his page giving reviews but they could be fakes. I've asked for further details from him. And he says he makes this suit, so it's not like he's selling a used item. He also types in a manner that suggests he's foreign.

For some reason, I feel like that is Wams' Ollie/ODVH suit...from way back when, but I can't remember.

Definitely a scam, though. Run away!

EDIT: That second pic he sent you is of a completely different suit from the first picture. It appears to be one of Brad's/Spidey4Fun's.

-Nick

For some reason, I feel like that is Wams' Ollie/ODVH suit...from way back when, but I can't remember.

Definitely a scam, though. Run away!

EDIT: That second pic he sent you is of a completely different suit from the first picture. It appears to be one of Brad's/Spidey4Fun's.

-Nick

Yup, WAMS and the second one definitely NOT an Ollie. Myth busted. Next.

Yeah, thanks for the help guys. He just sent a pic of yet another completely different suit. This time a mask with urethane webbing. Hope no one gets duped by this guy.

Yeah...people like that are a constant reminder to watermark pics. Anybody can claim to be, own, make and sell anything. Good thing you took the time to do a lil research.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back