Conan's Sword (the Original movies)

LOL. The sword and the certificate of authenticity are safely stored away. I can provide a tidbit of information that can prove it. I purchased the sword pre-production and only paid $5000 for it. They raised the price of the remaining nine once they got started making them.

It was sent to me unsharpened, but I sent it right back for Jody to sharpen it.

Would love to see it if you ever dig it out. There are a few variations between editions/numbers.

I went to my storage and shot a pic of the certificate. I do not have a public pic host, but could email it to you if you want. Is there a private message function here?

You can click the little image icon and upload pics directly from your computer when you make a new post. I sent you a PM too. Just click the mail icon to read it.

Here it is. Very cool! Thanks for sharing!
conancert.jpg

Was just watching a trashy barbarian movie, Ator Iron Warrior, and he has what looks like Conan's sword. Did they borrow the prop?

vlcsnap-2019-05-16-22h19m26s865.jpg

Lol, the whole movie is too much. I find that his sword looks out of place with the other swords, that look cheap and nasty, and look like they belong in the b grade production. The Conan sword looks too good for this movie's budget. It came out in 1987. The engraving looks to match very well, this kind of detail is just too much for a knock off replica at that time (IMO), unless someone directly had access to the OG prop to copy or borrow, or steal. I curious as to what year it was said to have been stolen as someone mentioned earlier in the thread. Later on in the movie it gets a beating, you can see huge chips in the blade, and even the bronze rails going up the length of the blade are coming off. By the end of the movie this prop was bashed to death. I really hope this was not the fate of a OG Conan prop sword.

and also if it does actually get beat to crap with piece's starting to fall off and extreme edge damage there is no way it's an original conan sword..... I doubt any collector would allow that to happen... :cautious:

Was just watching a trashy barbarian movie, Ator Iron Warrior, and he has what looks like Conan's sword. Did they borrow the prop?

View attachment 1019702
I‘m pretty sure this is a fiberglass version of the Atlantan sword from „Conan the Destroyer“. If I remember correctly they even used a fiberglass version of the sword from Red Sonja in this movie.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back