Conan's Sword (the Original movies)

The sword in "The Last Stand" is a grossly innaccurate Conan-ish knockoff (I used to have one before I got a good Knockoff), no seadogs, round pommel etc. It's been around since 1989 or so. I laughed when I saw it in the film as I knew what it was, and it got the "point" across nicely regardless of accuracy.

Of course now that cheapy will sky rocket in value because of it's appearance in that runaway hit! ;)

That weird conan knock-off was also used in the Wizards and Warriors 2 game cover featuring Fabio-

1120270126-00.jpg

I'd still like to know how Arnold has Albion's #1 as well as I.

I don't remember where we shipped out the "Jody Made" #1, but I know that the production version #1 did not go to Arnold. Arnold's people bought about 10 or so swords for charity auctions with display boxes and hand engraved (chisel and hammer, not cast or etched) placques. The sword in the oak box earlier in the thread is one of these and is one of the several hundred blades I ground before I left Albion a number of years ago.

As for the production swords: Ron Cobb designs/artwork, Tim did the carvings for the Atlantean and coordinated the castings with Sun Foundry, Jody did the carving for the Father's sword, blades for both, and assembled both. Production department wrapped the grips on both.

bqk.....I work in Burbank......be cool to see those :)

$3K+ is a bit spendy,but it is a REAL sword and fine craftsmanship........ for a display I'd hafta go a bit lower down the scale.

I don't remember where we shipped out the "Jody Made" #1, but I know that the production version #1 did not go to Arnold. Arnold's people bought about 10 or so swords for charity auctions with display boxes and hand engraved (chisel and hammer, not cast or etched) placques. The sword in the oak box earlier in the thread is one of these and is one of the several hundred blades I ground before I left Albion a number of years ago.

As for the production swords: Ron Cobb designs/artwork, Tim did the carvings for the Atlantean and coordinated the castings with Sun Foundry, Jody did the carving for the Father's sword, blades for both, and assembled both. Production department wrapped the grips on both.

Thanks for sharing that. My #20 is RAZOR sharp.

My ex husband says he just bought "the two original swords" made for the first Conan movies from an old man up in Kernville, CA. How would he go about researching them? Does anyone know? Thanks! Once he sends pics, I will post them.

Replicas, maybe. I believe Jody Samson still has the originals, and it would take more than we're all worth to buy them from him.

My ex husband says he just bought "the two original swords" made for the first Conan movies from an old man up in Kernville, CA. How would he go about researching them? Does anyone know? Thanks! Once he sends pics, I will post them.

Wow. Hope they turn out the real deal, you never know. We would love to see the pictures.
This is the right place to post them and get the ball rolling.

Hi, I recently Purchased these from a Man who claimed they were movie used in the original Conan movie.He bought them at auction 20+ years ago Help!! I know nothing about theseswords 013.JPGswords 014.JPGswords 015.JPGswords 016.JPGswords 017.JPGswords 020.JPGswords 019.JPGswords 018.JPGswords 021.JPG

Uhh.... no. The bronze-ish one looks like a knockoff, the silver one is just a random design loosely based on the real sword.

Neither one was used in the films.

I love the original Conan films (although The Destroyer was a little more hammed up) but still loved it none the less. But having watched those films time and time again, I can honestly that I have not seen these swords used on screen. Did you get any paperwork along with the swords? I wouldnt have just taken the guy on his word if there was not papers along with it, especially if they were ment to be screen used. Hope you didn't pay too much for them.
Hi, I recently Purchased these from a Man who claimed they were movie used in the original Conan movie.He bought them at auction 20+ years ago Help!! I know nothing about theseView attachment 189632View attachment 189633View attachment 189634View attachment 189635View attachment 189636View attachment 189637View attachment 189638View attachment 189639View attachment 189640

Raven Armoury in the UK used to make an Atlantean sword. I also have one of those. Considering he did it freehand, without molds or an original to work from, the sword is really quite good.

And I mean really good. The detail and quality of the blade and castings are as good as the Albion ones. I do not know how many were made.

At some point the Conan Estate asked him to stop I believe.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back