The Mechromancer from Borderlands 2 Build (WIP)

^They are my favorite part, too. I added the buckles to the ankle holster but deleted the progress pictures from the camera... I'll update that later. It looks cool.

I finished up a few other little things- an earring, the piston head, other odds and ends. We got the vacumnform running great.... but my foamie arm was too squishy for so much power. The bondo added a little structure but not enough. :-/ So back to the drawing board. Again. My boyfriend ordered a piece of Worbla for me for Valentines Day (just what I wanted <3), so I'll probably try that first.

(Side note- Armor next. Should be awesome. Probably going to be from Warhammer or some other tabletop game...)

If I'm not satisfied with how it turns out, I'll take a crack out of sculpting it out of something harder and vacuuming it this summer when I have more time. This deadline is breathing down my neck! I'll probably end up wearing it again to DragonCon. Maybe.

I tried it on all together for the first time today (bought my ECCC ticket and got way to excited.) Here's a preview of the wig:

31450_499124360129978_610595483_n.jpg

Thanks! After seeing some high rez game models (on tumblr if anyone is looking) I realized all sorts of other details to throw in and a few little things I had wrong. I wish I had them from the beginning!

Hahaha, I've been on the search for a random red bandaid, which is what I need for this color version. I'll probably just have to print a couple out on sticky paper!

It looks good. How did you make the lock? Also with the clamp is it hard to put on and remove? Or did you split the clamp?

Thanks! The lock is EVA and a half threaded U bolt. I embossed the lock hole in with a hot thimble, then finished it with some RubnBuff and a little paint. It turned out more believable than I thought it would, so I think I'm going to try my hand at budget floormat tools. When @Wes R suggested foam tools, my thought went to molding and casting in foam (which would be epic, and I would love to be able to melee anyone that sassed me) but piecing something together might work as a placeholder. The holsters really need *something* in them for con stuff.

I pulled the clamp on before the glove then slid it down. It didn't take too much screwing to get into place. :)

I couldn't get the first idea for the arm to work, but it might be something to experiment with. It might have if I had used a little more bondo. The craft foam compressed too much under the suction and it lost a lot of the crispness. :-/ I'm hoping that Plan B works better! I'll still be shaping it on the arm I built, so at least that wasn't a total waste. Hopefully the materials for that get here in time... it won't matter how awesome all the details are if I don't have my robotic arm finished.

Foam stand-in props turned out okay. I'm still going to use the real tools for my photoshoot, but I think these will work for flying/con use. I also made my piston!

179764_500857669956647_114592871_n.jpg

285376_500857659956648_1531209597_n.jpg

^ Negative, they are "Cyber Goth Punk Raver" goggles or some other cheap internet purchase. Some real ones would be an AWESOME upgrade. I'm going to have a hard time leaving this costume alone after I finish it...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back