Halo 4 Master Chief: The Definitive Chief

Last summer I started putting together a rough idea of creating some of the best halo 4 files and armor from a novice 3D artist / prop maker. Since the announcement trailer release, I've been putting together a library of references with videos and pictures of ingame renders, cinematics, even 4 separate versions of the real live action suits. Now that I've finally have more time to apply towards prop and file creation, I decided to dust this off and finally put all of my time to good use. I plan to be able to knock out one file a week, starting with one of the more difficult parts, the helmet. I still have a few things to adjust to the back, but thankfully I've been picking at it since about August. Anyway, I hope you all enjoy watching this come to life.

MKVII_zps35085837.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Halo 4 Master Chief: The Definitive Master Files

This will be a pep build with some if not most parts 3D printed / CNC. The helmet will definitely be printed, and I'm already lining up for a run of castings. It will be urethane resin, with a flexible foam rubber cast neck seal.

I see that the file is very high res... but how come there are still harder lines in the model where it should be smooth? most noticeable in the visor. I know the visor will be cut out so it doesnt NEED to be smooth, but that look translates into the rest of the model just with more subtlety. Otherwise the model looks great!

The model is in a pep state right now. I'm saving out that file and continuing on with refining and smoothing for the final print.

That makes sense. Sweet dude, can't wait to see the finished product

After some thought I've decided to not release the files, but I will be selling cast of everything. I just moved to Dallas and haven't started working again, this will help fund the creation of all of the armor from Halo 4.

Last edited:

Bump for update:
There was a few new angles I discovered in my references and I've added some cool new features:
-Cortona Data Chip slot
-Updated visor
-Actual vent ducts in the back for better air circulation to prevent visor fogging
-Internal neck seal to help tighten the fit around the neck ( will help with the bobblehead effect)

https://vimeo.com/57769709

Thank you so much guys, you really don't know how much your encouragement means!

And as great as the helmet may be, no helmet is complete without a suit of armor!

I knocked out the arm portion of the upper body, the next update will be the chest portion.

https://vimeo.com/58147474

Very nice looking helmet dude, I particularly like the detail in the visor...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back