Medieval Deadpool for Ren-faire (HELP/ADVICE THREAD)

TheMadSmith

Hey all, so I'm going to be going to a Ren-faire in North Carolina next October and I figured while I had some time I'd try to get a jump on my costume. Last year, for Halloween, I was Deadpool and while I enjoyed it immensely it wasn't totally great. Since then I've really wanted to jazz up my costume. I had a great idea to do a medieval style Deadpool after seeing this picture (first one attached) and have already made greaves, vambraces, and a pauldron from foam (which might still need tweaking so no pics yet) but I've got more than a few questions and could use some generally helpful advice. I've planned to do a fur cloak reminiscent of Beast from the X-men which showed up in Deadpool Kills Marvel and I figured it'd make a great addition (second pic attached) but I don't know how to go about making/doing it. Also, the base suit is a somewhat crappy zentai suit that I ordered but I like the fit and look. I'll be upgrading the mask but was wondering what to do about a faceshell? Can I use a modified ballistic face mask (third pic attached)? I've been pouring over all the D-pool threads I could find by the search function and they've all offered a lot of help. Especially AeonPulse, shoutout to his awesome D-pool build and thread. Any help or advice would sincerely be appreciated.

This should be interesting. For the blue beast cape try using burlap and latchhook blue hair onto it. A bit tidious but should be good. Best to sew fabric on the inside to keep the burlap from recking the spandex suit.

Thanks for the advice. I was considering getting a large faux fur pelt and dying it blue and fixing a head onto it somehow but your idea seems good too. Im not too familiar with latchooking hair onto things though.

Its pretty simple look up some chewbacca builds, They use they same methood that should help you. Here is a picture from Mrcosmo an RPF member.

1e2655af.jpg

Oh okay. That's a lot less complicated than i thought but seems pretty time consuming. Ill check the threads and see if i can soak up some knowledge. Is that chicken wire underneath or something?

Its a fish net material I thought it was called burlap, but that is something else. Joann fabrics has it in the utility section. It actually is a bit more time consuming, but worth it some times

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back