Foam Blocks

where are you based?
kewel converters in Bedfordshire sell plastazote among other foams, or try Pentonville rubber near the Angel, Islington, London

hope that helps

Doug

Originally posted by Captain Needa@Dec 3 2005, 11:55 PM
Does anyone know of a store I can go to to by a block of foam large enough to use as a mold for an Imperial Guard helmet?
[snapback]1127954[/snapback]​

About how much do those cost?

Originally posted by Lello999@Dec 6 2005, 08:09 AM
What´s the best type to use? EPS, EPP, PU or PS Foam?

Thanks a lot
Domenik
[snapback]1129635[/snapback]​
depends what you want to use it for there are hundreds of types of foams my fried. :confused

By mold, do you mean a positive that you can mold? I.e. you want to sculpt a helmet out of foam. Or do you mean as an outer case for the helmet mold to keep it from warping?

Ok, so your plan is to cut into the foam and create a negative? The negative is what you would put whatever you are making the helmet out of.

On the other hand, if you sculpted what the final mask should look like, then that would be the positive. You would then have to use something like RTV silicone to create the mold.

Originally posted by armourerdoug+Dec 7 2005, 05:04 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(armourerdoug @ Dec 7 2005, 05:04 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Lello999
@Dec 6 2005, 08:09 AM
What´s the best type to use? EPS, EPP, PU or PS Foam?

Thanks a lot
Domenik
[snapback]1129635[/snapback]​
depends what you want to use it for there are hundreds of types of foams my fried. :confused
[snapback]1130676[/snapback]​
[/b]

Ok, I´d like to sculpt some kind of rocks, perhaps later on (after I got a little bit more experienced) some kind of statue.
I heared PU should be quite good, but I´m not able to find it blocks only the aerosol cans.

Any help would be great. Thanks a lot.

Domenik

Originally posted by WookieGunner@Dec 8 2005, 12:30 AM
Ok, so your plan is to cut into the foam and create a negative?  The negative is what you would put whatever you are making the helmet out of.

On the other hand, if you sculpted what the final mask should look like, then that would be the positive.  You would then have to use something like RTV silicone to create the mold.
[snapback]1131033[/snapback]​

The positive is what I should of said. Thanks for you help guys. This is my first time making armor.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back