Apollo A7L and ACES S1035 STS-130 Space Suits

Campbellish

Hi!
Along with my other project of constructing a 1:1 patch of the lunar surface
http://www.therpf.com/f10/lunar-landscape-173390/

I'm undertaking the project of constructing two different space suits.

The first and Authentic A7L Apollo space suit, the second an ACES S1035 suit (as used on STS-130). Pictures below:

Like for the Lunar Landscape project these will form props on an experimental short film to shoot March 25-28th 2013. I know many of you have spent months and even years on your suits and have a wealth of experience in making the highest quality replicas, so any advice would be much appreciated.

I am aware that the deadline of March 25th is near, but I have the luxury of being able to work full time on the production of the suits and the lunar landscape as well as having a little assistance from time to time. I'll post pictures as I begin production but really need a help getting my feet off the ground with the initial shape.

My main concerns are with the Helmets/Locking rings for the neck and gloves.

Many thanks!

It's my goal to make the suits.
It just happens that a friend of mine wrote a script for a space based short after hearing about me wanting to make them. So it would act as a good opportunity to showcase them in the film to a wider audience, but as everything has picked up pace kit/studio/actors for filming have fallen on late March, admittedly earlier than I'd hoped!

One fairly crucial thing to bear in mind with the AL7 is the neck ring/collar is pretty high at the back, and along with the bulky shoulder convolutes - they give the suit a particular look.

article-1204254-05B8479E000005DC-800_306x324.jpg

Hi!
It just so happens that we're currently looking for an Apollo space suit to rent for a photoshoot here in London.
Would we be able to arrange something?
It would be of great help!

Cheers!
A

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back