Sterling Archer

seancoleman

I came across this costume In my many hours of interneting and fell in love with the costume

http://i.imgur.com/Q1AVR.jpg

(I put it as a link because the image came up HUGE)

I absolutely love Archer and really want to do this costume

Staring at this it seems that the lighter grey is the color that was dyed / or painted on

I've never dyed fabric before and was wondering if any of you lovely people would have any feedback/tips/tricks on how to go about making the shading on a suit

The lighter gray is just fabric paint. You can tell by the way it stiffens up the suit in the pic. Great costume, though. You should go for it.

Dying is probably not the best bet, but something a little better than fabric paint might be to see if you have a local screen printing shop that can do something like that as a one-off. It'd look the same, but it wouldn't be so thick and would probably last longer.

Interesting... It looks like a toon shader from a game but in real life. I think that would be cool to do. I'm not a cloth kind of guy though....yet....

Thinking of adding props Archer would have
Like his night vision goggles
NightVisionGoggles.png

Maybe even a ping pong paddle lol

That's a great take on the costume. I love that show! New season premiering soon. :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back