trying to dye fabric (having a problem)

SETFREE

Okay so here is the deal I am trying to dye fabric on the inside of a shoe from white to black, but I don't want to put the shoe in water and dye it like you can normal fabric because the shoe can't be put into water.

is there any type of dye that can be shot out of an air brush that wont rubb off on my socks when i wear the shoe or will i have to use paint? id rather not because paint tends to get very ruff when but over fabric like light grade sand paper.

any suggestions? Thanks RPF Family

Would it be possible to just add new lining to the inside of the shoes? I've been reading tutorials on recovering old/ugly shoes with fabric, and it seems pretty easy. Maybe you could do something similar on the insides.

I have an air brush, I guess my question is does any company makes something that can be sprayed on? maybe a mix of paint and dye so it doesnt dry so stiff?

Creatix is an air brush paint used for textiles. You can find it at Michaels' or an art supply store.

Lynn

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back