zissou hat

DrMcoy

Sr Member
okay, here are pics of me sporting the LIQUID SKATEBOARDS Zissou hat (from thread on REPLICA PROPS) -- thought I should post in this forum as well.

I admit that it appears to be 99% spot on to the one Bill Murray wore in the movie, except it is orange, not red. I asked LS about this and they said they had the caps specially manufactured for them to match Steve Zissou's (which accounts for the exact styling -- note the ribbing and the little tuft on top, an exact match to my eye). They claim the one in the movie was more orange. While I can't discount this, it certainly looks more red to me -- the cap LS has listed says it is a red/orange, but trust me when I tell you, it looks orange, not red. Even if this was the exact color used in the movie, it looks more red on screen and I asked LS if they would make one more red -- they said maybe in future.

i might be able to dye this one, but at the $25 or so it took to get it, I don't wanna mess it up.

Anyways, here are the pics, judge for yourself.

IMG_0656_zpsa567a65c.jpg

IMG_0650_zps3e75b754.jpg

IMG_0649_zps41a38210.jpg

IMG_0647_zps3d48ceed.jpg

I thought it was red too, but google images seems to disagree. Probably just the treatment on the film makes it look more orange-red than just orange. Looks great on you!

ha - thanks.

it looks more red than orange in movie and stills to me -- trust me, in person, it is very orange. i'm gonna try to dip it in some bright red dye this weekend and see what happens. i'll post pics. wish me luck.

also, it appears to look red to other fans who post artwork of steve z -- 99.9% of all fan artwork created depicts a red hat. any unofficial or officially licensed cap premium was red.

i think it needs to be red. ;)

okay, so my daughter helped me dye my cap from liquid skateboards -- was orange, i think it needs to be more red-orange -- so dipped it in cherry red dye, and here are results...to me, this looks more like color seen in movie...photos are side by side comparisons to original orange color vs. the red/orange from dye job:

Screenshot2013-01-15at102433AM_zps53f9b4f3.png

Screenshot2013-01-15at102540AM_zps58c9323e.png

Hello all!! I have recently contacted Liquid Skateboards about the Zissou hat and I was wondering if anyone has ordered one lately? I'm not real keen on wanting to dye it a better shade of red, compared to the orange/red. Or has anyone tried these? Team Zissou, the adventure continues

-Ps: Any luck on tracking down a team Zissou sweater worn by Steve?

Hello all!! I have recently contacted Liquid Skateboards about the Zissou hat and I was wondering if anyone has ordered one lately? I'm not real keen on wanting to dye it a better shade of red, compared to the orange/red. Or has anyone tried these? Team Zissou, the adventure continues

-Ps: Any luck on tracking down a team Zissou sweater worn by Steve?

Good news guys, we have the Zissou beanie replica back in stock again. After selling out about a year ago we decided to do a new batch.
We have been listening to all the feedback and we made it slightly more RED!!

You can check it here
or
Direct product page here

We would love to hear what you guys think about it! Cheers!!

PS: We're also working with our factory to get an exact replica of the Zissou sweater made. It's pretty tricky though!!

Just got my LQD beanie. Much more accurate color. Still a little orange but better than the original run. Looks less orange than in the pic. Quality is great. Nice and heavy. Good feel. The top, pokey part is a little uneven, but I don't care. Get it before it's gone!
16667106_10158534674820157_2118353715_o.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back