Metal embossing tutorial

Darth Mawr

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just watched this and found the technique interesting. I thought that some of you could apply this in your projects. The guy uses a aluminum drink can to produce a metal box decorated with embossing. I'm sure the technique could be applied to embossed scale armor and such as well. Check out the video here.

I remember in 7th or 8th grade we did and embossing project using copper sheeting (which must have been pricey) in shop class but it wasn't freehand as we had a template to trace.

Hi! I always find it difficulty to achieve a consistent gloss when spraying helmets. A friend of mine told me that this is because I need to spray the gloss under a heating element. Has anybody done this in any other easier way? Would really appreciate some advise. Thank you.

I remember in 7th or 8th grade we did and embossing project using copper sheeting (which must have been pricey) in shop class but it wasn't freehand as we had a template to trace.

Long ago I had a embossing kit with tools and sheet copper.
I thing it was originally my dads probably dating from the 50's.
I also had the wood burning kit.

Those were probably my favorite projects to do when I was in school. I think in grade school we used aluminium sheets. But in my high school metals shop class, we used copper sheets. That one was cool because we used a heat gun on them to add some color to the copper.

I never thought about using empty pop cans for anything. Very interesting video.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back