Classic Dr Who - Lightning Guns - Ark in space

I've always liked this prop. It was pretty high tech for 70's Doctor Who. It was a great prop I wonder why it was never reused in other episodes.

The props probably fell apart after filming.:lol

I know the budget on Doctor Who in those days was non-existent but I love the designs they were able to come up with. There is definitely a cornball element present in vintage sci-fi that I miss.

Update ;D

I'v cut out a handel for the gun & atached a pice of metal fom a tuna can.

I need help on how to atach the wood panels I cut in a angled hexagon frame.

Fission Gun Prop 04.JPG Fission Gun Prop 05.JPG Fission Gun Prop 06.JPGFission Gun Prop 08.JPGFission Gun Prop 07.JPG

Attachments

• Fission Gun Prop 03.JPG
    Fission Gun Prop 03.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 79
Im having trubble making the barrel. Anone know how to make a 6 sided hexagon barrel out of wood, or anyone know were I can find a hexagon acrylic tube?

Fission Gun Prop 08.JPG Fission Gun Prop 09.JPG

I need your opion, you think I should cut down the sides to make a smaller dieameter barrel?

I'm getting closer. :D
I did all of this by eye, no measurements.
Dose anyone have a Computer Driven Lathe? I'm thinking use some images of the pieces I have, labile there measurements & see if the lathe can give me a more accurate way to cut my pieces.
I did all this wile hoped up on soda pop & listening to 9 personally burn CD's of Doctor who sound effects.
I'M SO HYPER 8O....

Fission Gun Prop 010.JPG Fission Gun Prop 011.JPG Fission Gun Prop 012.JPG Fission Gun Prop 013.JPG Fission Gun Prop 014.JPG

Any questions :D

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back