[The Hobbit] Thorin's map prop replica by WETA

S

Scream

Here's my precious, pictures really don't do it justice.

fdEXn.jpg

MBmKs.jpg

BVdH7.jpg

e2uCy.jpg

Has anybody bought and framed one of these? I'm really interested in framing it in a lightbox like Weta suggest but I'm not too sure how to go about it.

Fabulous piece. My only niggle is that the edges are unrealistically ragged---they don't look worn, they look scalloped. Almost a regular wavy pattern.

If you are going to mount it on a black backing, then frame it like in FoTR, you could cut out the black backing of the section behind the letters, then perhaps mount small lights behind the frame so that they shine through when the lights are turned on.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I'm going to see a framer tomorrow so we'll see what happens. And I agree Treadwell, that is the only downside, luckily it's nothing too major.

That's a beautiful looking replica; well worth the price I think with the additional touch by the artist that worked on the original.

Once I have it completely framed in the lightbox I'll be sure to post pictures!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back