Completed Dented 3PO

Seeker

Well I couldn't wait to get my 3po head pimp out with gold, so I decided to try Silver Rub & Buff. I could have made it a more shiny, but I like the foggy beat up look better. I think it came out pretty good for now. I'll do a metalize gold one when ever I get a Zorg head or others that look just as good.

let me know what you think.

All pictures of the head here from start to finish.

http://www.r2ro.com/dented3po.htm

Also check out the original thread here at the 3po boards

http://com5.runboard.com/bc3pobuildersasso...roids.f1.t10718

Dented3po20.jpg

Dented3po21.jpg

Dented3po27.jpg

Thanks
Arturo

Definitely has that metallic shine. Man... I gotta look into that Rub N' Buff thing. How long does it take to dry and can you touch it afterwards once dry?

awsome. looks great might dent mine up a bit now after seeing your work here.

is there posts anywhere about rub n buff?? is it uk thing or US

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Obi Sean Kenobi @ Dec 7 2006, 05:02 PM) [snapback]1373465[/snapback]</div>
Turo,

looks awesome.

how come you didnt try the gold rub n buff though?

Sean
[/b]

I did, but it didn't come out right. it came out looking more like a bronze color.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roughneckone @ Dec 7 2006, 06:14 PM) [snapback]1373495[/snapback]</div>
Hey Arturo, :D

Really nice job, how easy was it to apply and get such a good finish?

Best
Roughneckone
[/b]

its very easy. you just have work in sections. but when you put it on you have to work fast or it will dry on you quickly. but its ok, you could sand it down and start over again.

very easy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DB73 @ Dec 7 2006, 07:56 PM) [snapback]1373538[/snapback]</div>
awsome. looks great might dent mine up a bit now after seeing your work here.

is there posts anywhere about rub n buff?? is it uk thing or US
[/b]

I think there is a place in the uk that has it. at the moment i dont know.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoHumorMan @ Dec 7 2006, 04:31 PM) [snapback]1373453[/snapback]</div>
Definitely has that metallic shine. Man... I gotta look into that Rub N' Buff thing. How long does it take to dry and can you touch it afterwards once dry?
[/b]

It dries pretty fast and you could touch it up emediately.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(zorg @ Dec 7 2006, 01:59 PM) [snapback]1373389[/snapback]</div>
good old dennis, still churning them out.
[/b]

I'm glad their still available. ;)

I'll catch you in the summer time when cash arrives.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(takevin @ Dec 7 2006, 02:00 PM) [snapback]1373391[/snapback]</div>
:thumbsup looks good Arturo. :) kevin
[/b]

Thanks for all the posivite feedback guys.

Turo

Awesome buddy. Like I said before - it's great to see you tackled this dented version. The coloring looks really authentic to a used droid. Well done.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back