Star Trek 2009 USS Enterprise model kit coming from Revell Germany

phase pistol

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Fans of the Abrams Enterprise can look forward to this "1:500 scale" model kit coming from Revell Germany.

May 2013

35 Euro

Probably about 2 feet long or so (the apparent size of the Abrams Enterprise varies but goes up to a max of 2,700 feet long)

revell-abramsprise.jpg

Revell-Neuheiten 2013 - Deutscher Plastik-Modellbau-Verband e.V. (DPMV)

Last edited:
Sounds awesome. Sad part though, is the fact that I would have to get it imported or something. Anyone have any idea who has the Into Darkness toy line? I heard a rumor, that it could be Hasbro! I would love to get this enterprise from them, but the only thing that concerns me is the possibility of it being a gimmick filled cluster*beeep* lol

The Star Wars models that ROG produced made it state side eventually so I bet this will hit US shores sometime.

Well, at least we can expect good articulation and detail. I'm just hoping they do the ships like how playmates did the ships. I have the 2009 enterprise from playmates and I like it a lot, just wish it was better detailed and was bigger :( Hasbro better do the figures and vehicles justice!

The JJ Abrams Trek license is different from the license that covers other Trek subjects. So even though Round 2 Polar Lights has the license to pretty much do everything from TOS to Voyager in the states (which means that Revell of Germany TOS and Voyager kits have to be back channeled into the states or ordered direct from European based vendors), I am pretty certain this kit will be available in the states from Revell USA now that Hobbico owns both of them. Round 2 dropped the JJ Abrams Trek license when they stopped work on their small scale JJ-Prise kit a couple years ago to concentrate instead on the 1/350 TOS Enterprise and there is no indication that they have any plans to pick it back up again.

And if the Revell kits DON'T get imported into the states, there is always the web, European vendors and you can bet Federation Models and Starship Modeler will likely get them eventually.

I've also got the Playmates toy. It is nice, but one big problem it has is it is squished proportionally from front to back (making it I believe about an inch or two short relative to what it should be). The small Hot Wheels miniature on the otherhand is better proportioned as the ship should be more stretched out (it has a little Excelsior vibe going for it, while not being quite that long). So I'm hoping a Revell kit of the subject will be closer in proportions to the Hot Wheels one than the Playmates toy was.

The name, Revell, doesn't strike me as a top-notch brand for such a large kit. I could be wrong, but just my impression.

I have the Revell Star Destroyer and that is a nice kit I think, good detailing, solid construction, hopefully it'll be a nice addition to the collection

I don't dislike the design and will definitely be getting one of these, I am in the UK so if anyone wants me to pick them up one and ship it over then that could be done

I'm not an experienced modeler so I wish a company like the now defunct Master Replicas would come along and do up a 1:350 lighted version like the well-done TOS with paint instead of decals and at a reasonable price of under $2K. QMX's version was just too expensive.

Last edited:
I'm wanting to get one of these really bad and I want to try my first lighting skillz on it. I have never lit any model before, but the lights on the JJ-Prise seem to be not so bad.

Yup, this has been going around the last few
days. It definitely " looks " like they followed teh
CGI pretty well for the model..

ONLY thing bad is HORRIBLE paint job !!

You can tell they were in a hurry to get
it made into a display model... :unsure

See, looking at the docking ports on the side, I like this ship so much more when it's scaled to the TOS/Refit Enterprise and not the monstrosity some of the '09 film implied. I want it in scale with my Refit and Reliant. :thumbsup

Another shot.... On other forums people were commenting
on the NACELLES being out of alignment with the fuselage.

I wonder if it was part of the " hasty build " or if it was
on purpose to counteract any " nacelle droop " over time ?

I would have to imagine that's just a hasty build, no way they would issue the kit fitting like that. At least I would hope not.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back